Author Topic: Question for those upset with their nose  (Read 1518 times)

mkmoritz

Question for those upset with their nose
« on: September 07, 2014, 08:10:24 PM »
Assuming most or all patients get a "simulation" picture, which the surgeon provides before surgery.

The simulation picutre shows your "new nose"... were the results of the surgery much different than the simulation picture?

Modigliani

• Private
Re: Question for those upset with their nose
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2014, 08:14:46 PM »
Forget the simulations, they rarely reflect the actual surgical outcome.

Nasal and soft tissue changes are impossible to accurately predict.

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2014, 08:14:56 PM »
Assuming most or all patients get a "simulation" picture, which the surgeon provides before surgery.

The simulation picutre shows your "new nose"... were the results of the surgery much different than the simulation picture?

Let's just say I've never seen a simulation that was more than 60% like the actual result. They're a very rough guide.
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

alestor91

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2014, 08:23:16 PM »
Let's just say I've never seen a simulation that was more than 60% like the actual result. They're a very rough guide.

What surgeries have you gotten and are you happy with how you look?

sean89

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 01:05:53 PM »
It'd be interesting to see what the movements were of the people who had nose changes...whether it's mainly from vertical or horizontal movements.

ticktickatick

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2014, 09:36:28 PM »
If you're having upper jaw moved up or forward, expect that your nose may tip up some and it may widen.

For me both of these things happened, but about 4 months after surgery my nose looks almost exactly the same as it did before. So I guess it was mostly swelling.

mkmoritz

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2014, 09:54:15 AM »
Yes, everything I've read and been told is that my nose will upturn a little bit, and the nostrils will flare a little bit as well.  I'm having my upper moved forward a little bit, and my lower moved back.  My bite isn't too severe, so hopefully the nose won't change too much.  (I do have a bump in my nose, so I'm not too upset about the nose being upturned haha)

I do think swelling plays a big part in the appearance of "new noses"... so the initial changes to the nose are always more extreme than the final results.

MrFox

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2014, 10:10:25 AM »
I want my nose to flare as much as possible haha