General Category > Functional Surgery Questions

Info regarding Recessed Maxilla w/ Prominent Cheekbones

(1/6) > >>

ababc:
Hi jawsurgeryforums! I am 25 years old and have a very unique problem that has bothered me for years and I want to get around to finally consulting / getting surgery to fix it. I have prominent cheekbones and a recessed and extremely wide posterior maxilla making my midface seem very dented in with deep nasolabial folds while the outer corners of my face seem very prominent. It also creates weird contour a pan smashed midface with concave cheeks (which actually looks fine in top down lighting). However, my nasal base is behind my orbital rim in profile. (Think of my facial profile from the eyes to maxilla like this: /) On top of this I also have slight bimaxillary protrusion of my incisors. I did have braces when I was younger which I think proclined my upper incisors like \ to meet with my lower incisors. Overall, my face appear extremely weird with this combination of prominent cheekbones, recessed maxilla, and bimaxillary protrusion and I want to get braces and move my maxilla forward to correct this problem. My quest is mostly cosmetic, as I do not have any serious functional issues except maybe teeth grinding and some joint pain near my jaw joints. I used to have extreme masseter hypertrophy but I stopped eating super hard foods / do not chew hard foods all the way because I would redevelop the extreme masseter hypertrophy that really hurts my jaw joints. I also know for a fact that my airway is also tiny as I have had asthma my entire life and I snore despite being relatively skinny. I have read a little about jaw surgery and leforts and I was wondering if anyone knew more about this and of any reputable surgeons in the Northern New Jersey area.

Thanks!

I'll try to show a profile later to clarify my situation

Modigliani:
Fantastic cheekbones!

Tiny:
Well, should be easier than for most class 3s then!  Regular Le Fort 1 does not touch the cheekbones  :)

dantheman:
Can you post a profile pic? (as in directly from the side). It reveals more about jaw relationships than the frontal shot can.

ababc:

--- Quote from: dantheman on July 27, 2014, 08:09:04 PM ---Can you post a profile pic? (as in directly from the side). It reveals more about jaw relationships than the frontal shot can.

--- End quote ---

Check above post

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version