Author Topic: I had modified lefort iii  (Read 126809 times)

scramfranklin

Re: I had modified lefort iii
« Reply #240 on: April 17, 2019, 07:21:49 PM »
I replied to your email. Check your spam folder

Have you blocked PM's?

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #241 on: April 17, 2019, 07:56:56 PM »
I imagine this procedure to basically be a guarantee to produce dry eye syndrome. Incision along the eyelid will cause so much inflammation and disrupt tear flow/ oil secretion of the glands. I can’t see how this could not be the case and might lead to severe problems down the road.

There is no cure for dry eye and it is a living hell living with it.

f**k I wanna know if there's a risk of this as well!?

Lestat

« Reply #242 on: April 17, 2019, 10:11:09 PM »
I imagine this procedure to basically be a guarantee to produce dry eye syndrome. Incision along the eyelid will cause so much inflammation and disrupt tear flow/ oil secretion of the glands. I can’t see how this could not be the case and might lead to severe problems down the road.

There is no cure for dry eye and it is a living hell living with it.

Could this also happen with zso?

PloskoPlus

« Reply #243 on: April 18, 2019, 12:56:10 AM »
Could this also happen with zso?
No

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #244 on: April 18, 2019, 01:10:18 AM »
No

but it could with mfl3? I haven't heard of any complaints on that score from the 2-3 people who have had it.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #245 on: April 18, 2019, 02:18:21 AM »
but it could with mfl3? I haven't heard of any complaints on that score from the 2-3 people who have had it.
Not every surgeon uses cathotomies for lf3.

confusor

« Reply #246 on: April 18, 2019, 03:38:54 AM »
Have you blocked PM's?

Yeah he did
Did he post any pics of his lefort 3 in this thread btw?
@earl25 any before and afters u can provide

This is a high risk surgery imho

ODog

« Reply #247 on: April 18, 2019, 05:25:51 PM »
FWIW, I woke up from my DJS with aggravated dry eye (I have DES) for about 2 weeks but it has now returned to normal. Turns out in extremely rare cases (only 2 reported cases) a lefort-1 can cause dry eye: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3974743/

It’s made me think twice about a ZO. I’d imagine it’s even likelier with a MLF3. This may only be an issue for people who have dry eye already.

confusor

« Reply #248 on: April 20, 2019, 03:56:58 AM »
heres a cropped b4 and after

[attachment deleted by admin]

why did admin delete the before after pics?
 THIS IS LITERALLY CRUCIAL FOR ALL OF US!
how else are we to know what the results were like if no pics exist, we can't go by word of mouth only... @kavan

beyondconfusedtbh

« Reply #249 on: April 20, 2019, 04:35:44 AM »
Most likely due to earl's request. I understand your frustration but if someone wants to preserve their anonymity then it's really their choice. They don't owe you anything.

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #250 on: April 20, 2019, 08:51:19 AM »
Millimeters are miles on the face.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #251 on: April 20, 2019, 12:24:57 PM »
why did admin delete the before after pics?
 THIS IS LITERALLY CRUCIAL FOR ALL OF US!
how else are we to know what the results were like if no pics exist, we can't go by word of mouth only... @kavan

To the best of my understanding Earl does not want to show his pics and the one he once did show was said to be a small postage stamp size. He doesn't want to be bothered with PMs either.

Although I don't mean to be his 'spokes person' here, I will say that Earl did his OWN research about the mod L3. He tracked down academic papers and then he consulted with MANY doctors about this until he found Sinn. He also could have had orbital rim implants but he was very much against implants and wanted a bone cut surgery to advance his lower orbital rim area and his cheek bone area. He relayed (maybe here, maybe elsewhere) that people used to make FUN of him because he had facial problems, one of which was the BUG EYES. Extreme BUG EYES. So he pursued a cranio-facial surgery to advance the area that implants could have advanced BUT he did not want implants. So instead he pursued the modified L3 and to this regard he spent a LONG TIME researching it and CONSULTING around the world (or part of the world) and he took what ever RISKS that came with the surgery. Some docs told him blindness was a risk. So, he kept consulting around until he found one that said blindness was a LOW risk (in the hands of the doc who did the surgery for him).

Earl was SMART enough to do HIS OWN research. But ever since he got that surgery, it just seems to attact people who are NOT as smart as him and who need to be SPOON FED about the surgery he got 'because' they want it. Again, he had EXTREME BUG EYES and who the hell knows if some of the types who want this surgery have the extent of what he had. Another thing about him was he was a 'DIE HARD' against implants whereas there are implants (orbital rims) that can address prominent eye. So, there really is no impending need for people to have this type of surgery UNLESS they have extreme prominent eye and wish to avoid implants at any costs.

Other than that nothing (except low IQ) precludes OTHERS from doing what earl did--which was his OWN RESEARCH and CONSULTING AROUND--if they wish to pursue the type of surgery he got. I'm sure he would AGREE, that it is NOT his 'task' to show you his photos, coach you on this surgery or SPOON FEED people info just because he got this surgery.

As to admin deleting pics, this is done after some time passes and it's done sometimes to cut down on bandwidth and others via request.
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

kavan

• Global Moderator
« Reply #252 on: April 20, 2019, 12:25:32 PM »
Most likely due to earl's request. I understand your frustration but if someone wants to preserve their anonymity then it's really their choice. They don't owe you anything.

BINGO!
Please. No PMs for private advice. Board issues only.

april

• Private
« Reply #253 on: November 07, 2019, 01:11:42 AM »
It is not as invasive as a traditional Lefort III.

On TV a few weeks ago, there was craniofacial maxfac program, and they performed a traditional le fort 3 on a guy with a syndrome and showed the op on tv. It was pretty intense.

https://www.abc.net.au/catalyst/face-surgeons-inside-craniofacial-unit/11564724
(this might be geo-blocked)