Author Topic: Surgeons who do revision genioplasties  (Read 12538 times)

CK

• Private
Re: Surgeons who do revision genioplasties
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2013, 06:26:40 PM »
Will do :)  wonder if I should ask for a photo prediction or f that would be unrealistic...

im sure he would do it but i dont know how reliable they are. id just do a phone consult no reason to fly all the way to boston. implants are just so risky id definitely want more info on how arnett would approach it, how much experience he has etc...implants aren't their focus obviously.

Kristen

• Private
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2013, 07:29:13 PM »
Did Arnett want to keep the existing chin implant in or replace it with a new implant?
Interesting that Arnett said you could keep your wisdom teeth.
I would lean towards keeping any teeth as ou never know what the future holds and maybe they can be used somehow.
Now you can have your wisdom teeth banked like they bank baby cord blood.
Supposedly they can use the stem cells in them to fight certain diseases.

screwsandplates

• Private
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2013, 04:26:41 PM »
Did Arnett want to keep the existing chin implant in or replace it with a new implant?
Interesting that Arnett said you could keep your wisdom teeth.
I would lean towards keeping any teeth as ou never know what the future holds and maybe they can be used somehow.
Now you can have your wisdom teeth banked like they bank baby cord blood.
Supposedly they can use the stem cells in them to fight certain diseases.

He wanted to keep the existing implant. I'm quite confused about all of this. Like I said, my procedure is straightforward for the most part. I wish I could get all possible surgeons in one room and ask them all, as a panel lol xD There should be a game show for this kind of thing :P But in all seriousness, do you guys think it would be a good idea to ask a third surgeon to compare the two plans?

pekay

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2013, 04:46:47 PM »
He wanted to keep the existing implant. I'm quite confused about all of this. Like I said, my procedure is straightforward for the most part. I wish I could get all possible surgeons in one room and ask them all, as a panel lol xD There should be a game show for this kind of thing :P But in all seriousness, do you guys think it would be a good idea to ask a third surgeon to compare the two plans?

I think a revision chin implant surgery + a proper genio will result in serious damage to your mentalis muscle thus causing chin ptosis

I saw a case similar to yours on a different forum, the surgeon flat out told the patient (female, middle aged) to have her implant removed, live without a chin for a few months and get a proper genioplasty and even after all this she still had a very mild case of chin ptosis post-op. last i checked she was waiting for the 1 year mark to get the mentalis muscle reattached/repaired (2nd surgery)
Chopsticks > Spoons

stupidjaws

• CFO
  • The panic the vomit the yuppies networking
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2013, 05:16:25 PM »

i would insist for taking it away!

worst case scenario? youll need extra surgery to correct ptosis...

if you keep it

best case scenario? youll need extra surgery to remove implant...

screwsandplates

• Private
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2013, 06:45:09 PM »
I think a revision chin implant surgery + a proper genio will result in serious damage to your mentalis muscle thus causing chin ptosis

I saw a case similar to yours on a different forum, the surgeon flat out told the patient (female, middle aged) to have her implant removed, live without a chin for a few months and get a proper genioplasty and even after all this she still had a very mild case of chin ptosis post-op. last i checked she was waiting for the 1 year mark to get the mentalis muscle reattached/repaired (2nd surgery)

That's what I'm afraid of. Could you please link the case to which you're referring? It seems like there is no good option :/ I really don't want to go back to school and my friends with no chin/a saggy ptosis chin.

pekay

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2013, 07:22:16 PM »
That's what I'm afraid of. Could you please link the case to which you're referring? It seems like there is no good option :/ I really don't want to go back to school and my friends with no chin/a saggy ptosis chin.

PM sent
Chopsticks > Spoons

screwsandplates

• Private
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2013, 07:37:33 PM »
PM sent
Thank you. That's really worrying, considering that she had exactly what I wanted to have done. I will bring it up with the next surgeon I consult. I wonder if there's any good solution :( What I would give for a time machine... That poor lady.

pekay

« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2013, 08:51:33 PM »
Thank you. That's really worrying, considering that she had exactly what I wanted to have done. I will bring it up with the next surgeon I consult. I wonder if there's any good solution :( What I would give for a time machine... That poor lady.

well I'm not a doctor/surgeon or anything but imo your best option is to get your implant removed and let everything heal for a few months

what sort of implant do you have right now? Terino Square I 8mm?

you can gain close to 5-6mm of chin projection with fillers (if done properly by the right dermatologist or plastic surgeon)
Chopsticks > Spoons

screwsandplates

• Private
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2013, 02:56:19 AM »
well I'm not a doctor/surgeon or anything but imo your best option is to get your implant removed and let everything heal for a few months

what sort of implant do you have right now? Terino Square I 8mm?

you can gain close to 5-6mm of chin projection with fillers (if done properly by the right dermatologist or plastic surgeon)

I don't know the style. I will have to email my PS and see. One surgeon I consulted said that it makes no difference if I get it taken out earlier or during surgery, but what you're saying does sound convincing.

LoveofScotch

« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2014, 07:07:36 PM »
I'm reluctant to recommend people I haven't at the very least met personally (or known SEVERAL people who have worked with them), but I would be curious if Dr. Henry Kawamoto is still in practice? I know he is/was in California.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 07:57:31 PM by LoveofScotch »