Author Topic: Need opinions on operation timing. Am I prepared?  (Read 7445 times)

Gregor Samsa

Re: Need opinions on operation timing. Am I prepared?
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2014, 10:24:28 AM »
Disillusioned, have you posted any pictures? I'm really curious to hear what Triaca has to say about your infraorbital rim deficiency (if you even have one). Fixing that seems to be one of the hardest things possible based on all the posts I've seen about that subject on this forum.

timang

« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2014, 11:20:54 AM »
I'm really curious to hear what Triaca has to say about your infraorbital rim deficiency (if you even have one).
Also, I'd like to know will there be step offs after chin wing or will the result be completely natural (i.e. impossible to say from an X-Ray that one has had a chin wing).

Gregor Samsa

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2014, 11:29:53 AM »
Also, I'd like to know will there be step offs after chin wing or will the result be completely natural (i.e. impossible to say from an X-Ray that one has had a chin wing).

sean89 on this forum had a chin wing. Here's his thread about the result: http://jawsurgeryforums.com/index.php/topic,3872.0.html

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2014, 09:13:46 PM »

AFAIK only DO looks natural on x-ray.

Look up the videos by Triaca from Pyramide am See. In there are a few stills of a CT scan of a chin wing.

Sean89 said he doesn't feel any weird step offs however has nothing to compare it to as he never felt his mandible much. If you feel your own jaw you can't feel much aside from the border. So by moving it I'm guessing it'll feel more or less natural.
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

timang

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2014, 02:26:25 AM »
AFAIK only DO looks natural on x-ray.

Look up the videos by Triaca from Pyramide am See. In there are a few stills of a CT scan of a chin wing.

Sean89 said he doesn't feel any weird step offs however has nothing to compare it to as he never felt his mandible much. If you feel your own jaw you can't feel much aside from the border. So by moving it I'm guessing it'll feel more or less natural.

I found a CT scan. The surgery site is not as neat as I was hoping it to be.  By the way, the girl looked better before although now her asymmetry is corrected. It proves symmetry is not everything. http://tinyurl.com/m3jefv2

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2014, 06:56:03 AM »
I found a CT scan. The surgery site is not as neat as I was hoping it to be.  By the way, the girl looked better before although now her asymmetry is corrected. It proves symmetry is not everything. http://tinyurl.com/m3jefv2

Her head was tilted down. That no doubt played a large role in why it appears to angular in the before.

Yes symmetry isn't everything when it comes to looks.

Really I can't stress this enough: Just shave the jaw bone down after a year and get your desired shape.

If they're doing THIS in Korea regularly -- http://tlplasticsurgery.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Bodylong-Curve-2.jpg

Then I'd say they can do whatever it is you want with relative ease.
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

overbiter

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2014, 03:15:35 PM »
Why are you so concerned about having a narrow jaw like a woman? I though having a wide jaw was considered desirable for a man?

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2014, 08:10:03 PM »
i dont want to get a chin wing to get bone shaved after.

Then don't get a chin wing.

Look up plastic surgery forums. The people who get one operation and achieve their ideal is an extreme minority.

There exists no operation that would 100% guarantee the result you're looking for. Idk what you want us to say. Your options are quite literally go with a chin wing and see what happens, or do nothing at all.

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2014, 08:12:54 PM »
Why are you so concerned about having a narrow jaw like a woman? I though having a wide jaw was considered desirable for a man?

I don't believe he's talking about jaw width, rather jaw shape. The wide U-shape that some people have is not very aesthetic, whereas a more defined V-shape mandible looks better on both sexes.