Author Topic: Pics of my dental arches  (Read 1618 times)

Veds

Pics of my dental arches
« on: August 15, 2014, 08:08:57 AM »
before using ortho braces

using ortho braces for almost 1 year

What I can expect and what I can't expect?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 12:06:25 PM by Veds »

Veds

Re: Pics of my dental arches
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 10:53:07 AM »
I didn't have bicuspid teeth extracted. I only had wisdom teeth - third molars - extracted, but they were extracted during my ortho treatment, not before.
If this pic is right I'm using it as a reference.
http://www.tpub.com/dental1/14274_files/image122.jpg

if you were a maxillofacial surgeon what surgeries I could benefit the most? What can be done to fix aesthetically all these issues you have mentioned? Also, how long would it take? Thanks

Veds

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 10:26:56 AM »
90 views and nobody is able to give me a practical answer? I'm really frustrated.

notrain

• Private
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2014, 10:32:23 AM »
if you were a maxillofacial surgeon what surgeries I could benefit the most? What can be done to fix aesthetically all these issues you have mentioned? Also, how long would it take? Thanks

impossible to tell. we either need a lateral x-ray of your skull or a profile shot (photograph from the side) of your face.

However, judging from your dental arches, you probably have decent occlusion, no severe vertical problems (i.e. open or deep bite) but likely a retrognathic mandible. Since you didn't have any premolar extractions, the mandibular retrusion is likely in the realm of 3-6mm. In and of itself that's not a reason for being a girlfriendless basement dweller, because the aesthetic impact from this is rather small which means you'd probably be where you are in life even with a mandible that grew entirely normal.

Modigliani

• Private
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2014, 11:55:52 AM »
Your bite is deep, that's about all I can tell.