Author Topic: I really need your guys help (pics included)  (Read 12304 times)

Yyes

Re: I really need your guys help (pics included)
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2014, 08:07:19 PM »
In my opinion, you won't benefit from any orthognathic or chin procedure and would only risk looking worse (unless you have an overjet) and I'm not anti-surgery.

EDit: Actually, I see what you're talking about now and didn't realise about the implant, but not even close to being a justification for surgery imo.

I agree that I dont need any ortho surgery. I feel that is fine.  I am doing this strictly for cosmetic reasons. I am not seeking jaw work. I am seeking a sliding genioplasty from a top doc because from my understanding it can be a complex procedure. I am prioritizing aesthetics more than anything. Dr Guyuron is another doctor. Hes a craniofacial surgeon from Cleveland that has written about genioplasties. Im just scared to end up with a pointy chin and a stepoff. How does one avoid a pointy chin?

Should that even be a concern if I dont have that much of a receded chin? So many questions

Modigliani

• Private
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2014, 02:12:27 AM »
Dr G has a fabulous reputation but I've spoken to a very unhappy patient of his on another forum (I think you're on there too?). I've seen a pic of her chin and it's awful, the cut was made at the wrong angle  somehow and she's ended up disfigured and in pain.

His attitudes towards her was terrible post op and she ended up seeking a revision elsewhere. The woman I'm talking about doesn't feel comfortable talking out publicly on the other forum as it's ridiculously pro Dr G.

You're a very good looking boy already and I'd hate to see you risk a bad outcome, which can and does happen even in the best hands.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2014, 02:30:35 AM »
I agree. But what if we get that support with cheek implants? Cheek implants can provide that support correct? Atleast thats what I have heard.

You don't need cheek implants.  I hate sounding like a broken record, but low bf can have a dramatic effect on the face. You have a wide face. If you lower your bf to six pack levels, your cheekbones will pop.  If not, then you can consider other options: buccal fat pad removal, implants, etc..

Yyes

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2014, 05:36:00 AM »
You don't need cheek implants.  I hate sounding like a broken record, but low bf can have a dramatic effect on the face. You have a wide face. If you lower your bf to six pack levels, your cheekbones will pop.  If not, then you can consider other options: buccal fat pad removal, implants, etc..

I have heard that some people genetically get fat in their face first. Is that true? And if it is could I be one of those people?

ticktickatick

« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2014, 09:56:43 PM »
I think both sides of your profile look roughly equal. If that's your main concern I wouldn't change anything.

What bothers me more is the asymmetry in the front, but I think you said you didn't want to do anything about that? It's kind of hard to tell but it may just be the nose that is crooked. In one of your closed mouth front photos the mouth looks canted, but in the second and third it looks like it's just the nose is off.

Buccal fat pad removal is risky. "Patients are almost always unhappy with the poor results achieved." Even if you are initially happy with the results, they tend to degenerate quickly. You'll end up looking weird in 5 years. I don't see you as having "excess" fat in your face. You just have a round face. It's a perfectly normal and common face shape.

You also may be active but you're not a skinny minnie either. If you lost some body fat your face would be less round...no surgery required. You'd be amazed at how losing just a few percent of body fat radically changes the face shape.

If you're going to get anything done I would look at why one side of your nose is so much higher than the other. In my opinion that is the ONLY thing detracting from your overall attractiveness.

Yyes

« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2014, 09:01:41 AM »
I think both sides of your profile look roughly equal. If that's your main concern I wouldn't change anything.

What bothers me more is the asymmetry in the front, but I think you said you didn't want to do anything about that? It's kind of hard to tell but it may just be the nose that is crooked. In one of your closed mouth front photos the mouth looks canted, but in the second and third it looks like it's just the nose is off.

Buccal fat pad removal is risky. "Patients are almost always unhappy with the poor results achieved." Even if you are initially happy with the results, they tend to degenerate quickly. You'll end up looking weird in 5 years. I don't see you as having "excess" fat in your face. You just have a round face. It's a perfectly normal and common face shape.

You also may be active but you're not a skinny minnie either. If you lost some body fat your face would be less round...no surgery required. You'd be amazed at how losing just a few percent of body fat radically changes the face shape.

If you're going to get anything done I would look at why one side of your nose is so much higher than the other. In my opinion that is the ONLY thing detracting from your overall attractiveness.

Yes Im actually concerned with my asymmetry from the front view. I feel that one side is fuller than the other so dr Guyuron recommended we take more buccal fat from one side than the other. About the nose I also feel that it is crooked and it leans toward one way than the other. However I dont know how much more attractive that would make me. Can massaging it straighten it out?

ticktickatick

« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2014, 06:59:17 PM »
Yes Im actually concerned with my asymmetry from the front view. I feel that one side is fuller than the other so dr Guyuron recommended we take more buccal fat from one side than the other. About the nose I also feel that it is crooked and it leans toward one way than the other. However I dont know how much more attractive that would make me. Can massaging it straighten it out?

I doubt massaging would do anything.

Did he do an xray of your nose? You probably have a severe deviated septum either from birth or from a sports injury.

Yeah I think if you had the nose straightened out with a septoplasty or rhinoplasty that would do more for your attractiveness than any of these other procedures you've mentioned. The nose asymmetry looks like something is obviously wrong to any onlooker.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2014, 11:59:59 PM »
The nose asymmetry looks like something is obviously wrong to any onlooker.

Daniel Day Lewis has a crooked nose (broke it while shooting "The Boxer").  I never noticed until I read it here.

Modigliani

• Private
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2014, 02:46:54 AM »
Daniel Day Lewis has a crooked nose (broke it while shooting "The Boxer").  I never noticed until I read it here.

Folks here do tend to be ridiculously detail oriented, far more than people we stumble across in everyday life.

It's reassuring to remind oneself of that from time to time.

Tiny

• Private
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2014, 06:27:09 AM »
The thing about nose asymmetry is that it's much more obvious in pictures than in real life.  I have some myself and no one notices it, hell even I don't notice it until I take a photo - then it pops right out

You may be able to camouflage it with filler - as someone who's done rhino, I don't think I'd advise going through it for small asymmetry

Buccal fat....I don't know.  Some results look good, some don't.  I don't even know how helpful a fat face is with ageing - sure you have more volume, but the fat pads sag, and it's much easier to correct lost volume than it is to correct nasolabial and marionette lines

Yyes

« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2014, 07:36:07 AM »
The thing about nose asymmetry is that it's much more obvious in pictures than in real life.  I have some myself and no one notices it, hell even I don't notice it until I take a photo - then it pops right out

You may be able to camouflage it with filler - as someone who's done rhino, I don't think I'd advise going through it for small asymmetry

Buccal fat....I don't know.  Some results look good, some don't.  I don't even know how helpful a fat face is with ageing - sure you have more volume, but the fat pads sag, and it's much easier to correct lost volume than it is to correct nasolabial and marionette lines

Thats the thing. A lot of people advise me about buccal fat removal but I dont understand it. The reason is because people like johnny depp, bradd pitt, george clooney all have no buccal fat . However they have strong cheekbones support. So from my understanding its women that want to keep volume as they age, however its not that important for men. For men I heard strong cheekbone support is whats needed or wanted.

Mark32

« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2014, 08:02:27 AM »
hi Yyes

from your pics i think you're a handsome fella so as someone else said you're in the position where you could makes things worse. in a way it's a nice problem to have.
i don't know much about cosmetic procedures as i'm just a novice here but i would go the further weight loss route first, as some have suggested, before surgery. at least that can be easily reversed if you're not happy.
is that your girlfriend in one of those pics, how does she feel about your concerns?

just as a general question that this thread raises for me, can substantial weight loss affect other facial areas besides the cheeks? i'm thinking about the lip areas in particular?

Quote from: Tiny
i've noticed exactly the same thing. in the mirror my nose looks pretty straight but in a picture there's a fair amount of assymetry.

Gregor Samsa

« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2014, 08:14:55 AM »
Unless you have a bite problem then any surgery you can do will be a waste of money. You look good already so start working out like PloskoPlus suggested and see if that will help you lose some fat in the face (not that I think it's needed). Your asymmetry looks a bit like mine and is probably the result of the jaws being longer on one side compared to the other. I very much doubt that people will notice the asymmetry in real life and I can't even see it when you smile in pictures.

Yyes

« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2014, 08:19:43 AM »
hi Yyes

from your pics i think you're a handsome fella so as someone else said you're in the position where you could makes things worse. in a way it's a nice problem to have.
i don't know much about cosmetic procedures as i'm just a novice here but i would go the further weight loss route first, as some have suggested, before surgery. at least that can be easily reversed if you're not happy.
is that your girlfriend in one of those pics, how does she feel about your concerns?

just as a general question that this thread raises for me, can substantial weight loss affect other facial areas besides the cheeks? i'm thinking about the lip areas in particular?
i've noticed exactly the same thing. in the mirror my nose looks pretty straight but in a picture there's a fair amount of assymetry.

No thats my sister. she says that i should leave everything as is. This is more of a psych issue but me and my girlfriend broke up and as soon as we did I automatically attributed it to my looks so this is why im seeking cosmetic procedures. FYI she was extremely pretty. lol

Yyes

« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2014, 08:20:58 AM »
No thats my sister. she says that i should leave everything as is. This is more of a psych issue but me and my girlfriend broke up and as soon as we did I automatically attributed it to my looks so this is why im seeking cosmetic procedures. FYI she was extremely pretty. lol

Thank you. And I think thats my problem. I want to look great. Right now I think that i am a 7 looks wise and I want to get to an 8 if possible because being a 9 can be almost impossible to achieve. I have started to work out like two months ago especially weight lifting to see if this makes a difference.