General Category > Functional Surgery Questions

Upper Jaw Impaction + Upper Lip Lift

(1/5) > >>

maverik46:
Hi guys , this is my first post, but it's long time that i'm following this forum. I have to take a big decision , maybe the biggest of my life . I've a long face , but i've not functional problems, and my bite it's perfect . The first time i saw the Doctor MM, i went only for a chin height reduction and advancement + jaw angle augmentation with HA. But after the simulation , Dr. M proposed me that a jaw impaction +  upper Lip Lift (I've a long upper lip) should reduce the vertical lenght of my face .
I'm worried to loosing my perfect bite and nerve damage, but the thing that worries me the most is the upper lip lift because the scar , and the fact that i haven't found online many examples of upper lip lift on a man.
What do you think about this procedure ? I'm afraid to stay with lips that seem fake and with a visible scar , especially after I read a lot of negative reviews about Dr. MM

Gregor Samsa:
You do realize that Mommaerts is probably THE most heavily criticized jaw surgeon on the internet right? He has consistently showed that he is incapable of making good surgery plans so I don't understand why you would risk ruining your face by going with him. Do yourself a favour and try to get a consultation with at least one other surgeon before you decide on anything.

Modigliani:
He's doing liplifts now?  ;D
Is there no beginning to this man's talents  ::)

Lip lifts are a really tricky procedure to get right for even a skilled surgeon - he probably uses a staple gun.

Do yourself a favour, cancel the surgery and save yourself the heartache - the man is a travesty to the medical profession and a despicable human being.

maverik46:
I'm really thinking about cancel the surgery . The main reason why in june i went to a consultation with him, is the fact that he is the only one that use HA Paste to improve jaw angle , instead of silicon or medpor implants , and i like the fact that HA Past becames like a "bone"  Until June I didn't find negative reviews online, maybe because a poor seaching , and he was considered one of the best in Europe and and I found a lot of scientific articles written by him......
For example this is an article signed by him that talks about the various techniques liplift:

http://www.drsanmiguel.com/wp-content/uploads/Art%C3%ADculo-Dr.-San-Miguel.pdf

Modigliani:

--- Quote from: maverik46 on September 14, 2014, 08:58:19 AM ---I'm really thinking about cancel the surgery . The main reason why in june i went to a consultation with him, is the fact that he is the only one that use HA Paste to improve jaw angle , instead of silicon or medpor implants , and i like the fact that HA Past becames like a "bone"  Until June I didn't find negative reviews online, maybe because a poor seaching , and he was considered one of the best in Europe ......

--- End quote ---

If you have any doubts at all cancel.

I too fell for the online hype surrounding him and stupidly let him perform bimax surgery and genio on me last October. Literally everything he did was incorrect, every movement too large, he also narrowed my lower jaw without my consent causing me to have literally no bite post surgery. I've been left with a 5mm anterior and lateral open bite due to his incompetence yet he actually had the nerve to blame the outcome on me! Other surgeons have been horrified by what he did to me.

Many other people have found the courage to speak out about him, please don't let yourself become his next victim.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version