Author Topic: Looking more mature after BSSO  (Read 3223 times)

streo

Looking more mature after BSSO
« on: January 19, 2013, 08:44:02 AM »
Any good examples of people looking more mature after lower jaw advancement surgery?

Lazlo

• Private
Re: Looking more mature after BSSO
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 10:09:01 AM »
what do you mean by "mature"? Do you mean temperament or age?  I do think people with weak chins look "goofie".

Marisama

• Private
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 10:40:49 AM »
I feel like I look more masculine. Maybe that means more mature.

pekay

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 11:18:22 AM »
I feel like I look more masculine. Maybe that means more mature.

I noticed that too in your after pictures, you definitely do look more rugged but you had a good starting point anyway, compact mid-face + over-all masculine appearance.

btw how much weight have you lost due to the soft diet?
Chopsticks > Spoons

Marisama

• Private
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2013, 11:35:50 AM »
I noticed that too in your after pictures, you definitely do look more rugged but you had a good starting point anyway, compact mid-face + over-all masculine appearance.

btw how much weight have you lost due to the soft diet?

Close to 30 lbs since surgery.  I used to weightlift a lot before surgery. I stopped about 6 months pre-op because I felt like any effort I put in would be a waste as I knew I was just going to lose it after surgery.

streo

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 03:56:07 PM »
Haven't had surgery yet.  Still some more ortho work that needs to be done.  I had a detailed consult with both the surgeon and the orthodontist.  The surgeon is saying my teeth are in perfect condition and that we are ready to go for surgery.  However the orthodontist told us both that he wants a bit more movement forward on the lower jaw during the surgery so that my chin is in line with the rest of my face (eliminating the need for a genioplasty!).  I gotta say, I didn't understand what the orthodontist was saying until a few days ago when I noticed my chin is actually lining up perfectly with the rest of my face when I bring my teeth to the proper occlusal position.  This was something that has always been bothering me up until now.  The surgeon himself even advised against the genioplasty, and slowly I'm beginning to see what he said.

I should add a thing or two about the question posted.  I look very young for my age.  The one biggest remark I get from people is that I have such a baby face.  I'm pretty certain that when I'm done I will still look around half my age, but I'm at least hoping that the baby face look will be gone.  It's a strange life right now because I can show up at a college party and mix in perfectly, but then when I talk to people my age they always ask me the same question: "Exactly how old are you?"

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2013, 06:07:44 PM »
Haven't had surgery yet.  Still some more ortho work that needs to be done.  I had a detailed consult with both the surgeon and the orthodontist.  The surgeon is saying my teeth are in perfect condition and that we are ready to go for surgery.  However the orthodontist told us both that he wants a bit more movement forward on the lower jaw during the surgery so that my chin is in line with the rest of my face (eliminating the need for a genioplasty!).  I gotta say, I didn't understand what the orthodontist was saying until a few days ago when I noticed my chin is actually lining up perfectly with the rest of my face when I bring my teeth to the proper occlusal position.  This was something that has always been bothering me up until now.  The surgeon himself even advised against the genioplasty, and slowly I'm beginning to see what he said.

I should add a thing or two about the question posted.  I look very young for my age.  The one biggest remark I get from people is that I have such a baby face.  I'm pretty certain that when I'm done I will still look around half my age, but I'm at least hoping that the baby face look will be gone.  It's a strange life right now because I can show up at a college party and mix in perfectly, but then when I talk to people my age they always ask me the same question: "Exactly how old are you?"
how old are you?

streo

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2013, 07:33:57 PM »
how old are you?

Was just at the grocery store getting carded and the cashier gave me this look that said, "Dude, if you are going to make a fake ID at least put something closer to 21!".

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2013, 08:39:23 PM »

Was just at the grocery store getting carded and the cashier gave me this look that said, "Dude, if you are going to make a fake ID at least put something closer to 21!".

Wow thats hillarious. Thats a gift man enjoy it!