Author Topic: Dr Alfaro in Spain  (Read 12870 times)

Rico

Dr Alfaro in Spain
« on: November 11, 2014, 06:17:23 PM »
any opinions ?

sean89

Re: Dr Alfaro in Spain
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 06:40:52 PM »
I was reading up on him before.

He seems to be at the forefront of a lot of orthognathic innovation so maybe he has a solution for you, but he's very expensive and you spend very little time with him from what I've heard. I also remember him showcasing one of his results and her face was so assymetrical, it looked like her mandible was melting away.

I'd be cautious using him if you can afford him.

Rico

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2014, 06:47:25 PM »
just for consultation. In Europe I can find perhaps 3-4 surgeons, who can help me.

conultation doesn't mean accepting surgery automatically :)

very expensive ? . How much for surgery on jaw? (or other)

sean89

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2014, 06:55:22 PM »
just for consultation. In Europe I can find perhaps 3-4 surgeons, who can help me.

conultation doesn't mean accepting surgery automatically :)

very expensive ? . How much for surgery on jaw? (or other)

I don't know. This is from what I was told by Pekay (I think). I believe Optimistic has had a consult with him.

molestrip

• Private
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2014, 07:14:43 PM »
I did a virtual consult with him. It was relatively cheap actually. I spoke to a former patient of his and asked him a lot of questions about his technique. I didn't get a quote myself but from my research his cost is about the same you'd find in the US. I think there's merit to his minimally invasive technique but he's just too far from where I am. Otherwise, I'd have pulled the trigger. People on the East coast should definitely consider it though. I'd read about the lack of surgeon time but those are just rumors, not confirmed by my patient interview. Yeah some of the pictures don't look great on his website but this is surgery and there's no guarantees, not even from other great surgeons. He's done ~5k surgeries, not a small number, and he's at the peak age for a surgeon and in great shape. I noticed he and Dr Gunson both have pictures mentioning each other in their twitter feeds.

Rico

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2014, 07:20:57 PM »
thx for info..

I don't know nothing about prices in US. Give some examples :)

PS Spain is a good country for a max fac surgeon :) Young people there have a lot of fights also they play with bulls ;) a lot of face traumas :) probably even overlooked - its a challenge for a very goood surgeon

PloskoPlus

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2014, 12:18:53 AM »
xdon82,

No offense, but your spamming is getting tiresome.  While maxillofacial surgery is an all-encompassing discipline, as you might have noticed, this forum largely caters to those deformed by nature, not misadventure.  YOU NEED A TRAUMA SURGEON!

Like this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luc_Chikhani

Gregor Samsa

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2014, 12:33:42 AM »
There used to be negative posts about Alfaro on this forum but I can't find them anymore. Spanish forums supposely have some negative comments written about him but you'll have to do your own research on that one.

EDIT: I found one post here: http://jawsurgeryforums.com/index.php/topic,416.msg9962.html#msg9962

Rico

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2014, 05:23:26 AM »
xdon82,

No offense, but your spamming is getting tiresome.  While maxillofacial surgery is an all-encompassing discipline, as you might have noticed, this forum largely caters to those deformed by nature, not misadventure.  YOU NEED A TRAUMA SURGEON!

Like this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luc_Chikhani

Since my bone healed completelty I'm not a trauma one. I became deformed. Not mine words, but surgeons. Trauma is up to 6 weeks

sean89

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2014, 05:45:05 AM »
Video consultation is 150euros.

Rico

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2014, 06:06:21 AM »
Hmm to be honest for such consultation is quite a lot. He cant even touch You
so for consultation face to face 300 Euros ;) ?

Gregor Samsa

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2014, 12:50:30 PM »
It's better to have too many consultations rather than having too few of them.

molestrip

• Private
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2014, 12:57:53 PM »
According to every orthodontist I've met, it's better to go with your orthodontists recommended. Last one mumbled something about "information overload". He could be right.

At least one surgeon I consulted admitted that he does read the forums. I'd say that's a mark of a good surgeon.

Rico

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2014, 01:10:04 PM »
 Unfortunately orthodontists is not for my case :)

Rico

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2014, 04:29:49 AM »
Whatever You write I understand, but P hasn't answered me yet, so I have no option now. We will see

and I answer just in case - I asked about consultation face to face