Author Topic: just had surgery with Dr Gunson  (Read 14403 times)

molestrip

• Private
Re: just had surgery with Dr Gunson
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2015, 02:04:47 PM »
In my quote, HA paste wasn't all that much. I'm told it's only useful for lateral projection. Otherwise, it has a tendency to droop or fall. That's why they don't like to do it I think.

Gregor Samsa

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2015, 02:33:30 AM »
Do you have any frontal pictures? I think you look great in the pictures you've shown so far.

marcolob

• Private
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2015, 02:07:39 PM »
Ccw rotation, bsso advanced, lefort 1 and genio everything went perfectly except for these HA grafts which are not great, has made me a bit depressed I won't deny it

marcolob

• Private
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2015, 02:11:45 PM »
Minus the HA Dr G did a perfect job, my bite and bones themselves I'd say are flawless

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2015, 02:12:28 PM »
Ccw rotation, bsso advanced, lefort 1 and genio everything went perfectly except for these HA grafts which are not great, has made me a bit depressed I won't deny it

i would just get really strong medpor or silicon implants for malar and suboribtal or alternatively just accept and go with it. It's actually possible for men to rock a weak suboribital.

marcolob

• Private
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2015, 02:18:41 PM »
My angle grafts are asymmetrical enough I notice it which I find upsetting and Yea he suggested fat or implants for suborbital too so yea, I hate the thought of implants tho so it's osteotomy or bust

chinnychinchin

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2015, 05:09:57 PM »
Awesome results my man! Congrats :) Any imperfections you're seeing are simply nonexistent from a stranger's point of view.

Can ask how you're doing in terms of numbness? I had surgery with Dr. Gunson approaching 2 weeks ago and my lower lip and chin are still completely numb. I pretty much had the same surgery as you. Lefort1 + BSSO + slight genio = CCW Rotation (bimax).

marcolob

• Private
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2015, 02:29:29 PM »
No numbness at all, totally regained sensation but it takes a few months, only slight functionality issue is reduced opening (3 fingers instead of 4 preop) and some some crunchy feeling I don't like on my right condyle when I stretch open wide, but otherwise everything is good. You'll get there. Can I ask what grafting he did to you, if any? Ps my surgery was October 14

chinnychinchin

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2015, 02:50:32 PM »
That's good to hear! Yep, it says in the notes he did 10x bone grafts with the Lefort1, and 8x bone grafts with the BSSO, with 8x local bone harvest.

marcolob

• Private
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2015, 03:07:55 PM »
No I mean like augmentation grafts to your cheeks etc to make you look fuller? Those other grafts refer to fillings between cuts to ensure union

chinnychinchin

« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2015, 07:04:08 PM »
Ah I see. Dr. Gunson said my right cheekbone was asymmetrical to my left. It's wasn't noticeable pre-op but he said it would've been after the surgery. So I think he went in and added some HA paste or something of that nature to my right cheekbone to address the issue, for no additional charge. That was his idea and I trusted him, so I agreed to it.

chinnychinchin

« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2015, 02:10:42 PM »
So it's day 16 on my road to recovery and I have a picture update. Now that the swelling has started to significantly subside, I'm starting to see the final results. Is it me or does the lower mandible still look a little recessed? Or does the lower mandible typically look recessed during the first few month or so of recovery?

ForeverDet

« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2015, 12:29:17 AM »
I would have killed to have the level of swelling at 2 weeks post-op. I had an unforeseen reaction to the HA paste and I looked so gnarly people would gawk at me when I dared to go outside. Or they'd give me that sad "awww poor guy" look, unaware I just had jaw surgery.

Yeah don't judge anything right now. Way too early even though your swelling isn't that bad.

ForeverDet

« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2015, 12:37:20 AM »
I heard A/G charge a fortune for HA paste.  Honestly, I don't think it does s**t.  You probably made the right call.

Not trying to hijack this thread but as much as I despise HA paste for the extreme swelling it gave me... my now visible cheekbones are entirely the result of it. Obviously it depends. Although I agree what they charge for it is egregious.

Tom2

« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2015, 04:38:56 AM »
I think you are looking really good my man!

Remember, we are our own worst critics.   You made a major improvement.    Enjoy!