Author Topic: the best european surgeons  (Read 65082 times)

joanna

the best european surgeons
« on: January 20, 2013, 12:35:37 PM »
Could you recommend me the best european surgeons? I have mandibular retrognathia and malocclusion. I am looking for a surgeon who is strongly focused on the aesthetic result of the surgery.

pekay

Re: the best european surgeons
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 02:48:21 PM »
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 03:22:44 PM by pekay »
Chopsticks > Spoons

joanna

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 06:39:00 PM »
Thank you for your reply. Should I judge the quality of the surgeon by the price of the surgery? Does the higher price mean the better surgeon? What prices for the double-jaw surgery are considered high or low? I ask about this because I am not familiar with the costs of the surgery in western Europe. I live in Poland where the price for the double-jaw surgery is only 5.000 - 6.000 EUR...

Heavyweight

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 03:02:40 PM »
I'd be careful about getting jaw surgery in Poland. Mommaerts is supposed to be one of the best in the world, and he's very affordable. It's probably worth consulting with him if you can.

Modigliani

• Private
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 03:23:52 PM »
Agree with Mommaerts. Raffaini has some spectacular results on his website.

http://www.facesurgery.it/chirurgia_ortognatica.php

joanna

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 04:01:02 PM »
I will never have a surgery in Poland. I choosed the surgeon that is considered to be the best in Poland but I had to finish our cooperation after seeing some of the results of his work - mandibular asymmetries, the reposition of the nasal septum as a side effect of the surgery or nose asymmetry...
I have just got replies from Dr Mommaerts and Dr Raffaini. Dr Mommaerts price for the surgery is between 6.000 - 9.000 EUR whereas Dr Raffaini's is betweenen 13.000 - 16.000 EUR (bimaxillary). Why there is such difference between those surgeons? Why Dr Mommaerts is so cheap in comparison with the rest?
Have you heard about Dr Kurt Vinzenz from Germany and Prof. Hermann Sailor from Switzerland?

Cmonster

• Private
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2013, 01:54:39 PM »
I've heard a lot of good things about Dr. Mommaerts and I just saw Dr. Raffaini  HOLY GOD the first 3 results are beyond spectacular! :o :o
We have to continually be jumping off cliffs and developing our wings on the way down.

pekay

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2013, 02:35:44 PM »
I will never have a surgery in Poland. I choosed the surgeon that is considered to be the best in Poland but I had to finish our cooperation after seeing some of the results of his work - mandibular asymmetries, the reposition of the nasal septum as a side effect of the surgery or nose asymmetry...
I have just got replies from Dr Mommaerts and Dr Raffaini. Dr Mommaerts price for the surgery is between 6.000 - 9.000 EUR whereas Dr Raffaini's is betweenen 13.000 - 16.000 EUR (bimaxillary). Why there is such difference between those surgeons? Why Dr Mommaerts is so cheap in comparison with the rest?
Have you heard about Dr Kurt Vinzenz from Germany and Prof. Hermann Sailor from Switzerland?

Dr Mommaerts has excellent credentials, he is a plastic surgeon and maxillofacial surgeon.
From what I've read he is very close to retiring so if I were you I'd schedule a consultation as soon as possible.
Chopsticks > Spoons

Kristen

• Private
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2013, 03:28:00 PM »
Agree with Mommaerts. Raffaini has some spectacular results on his website.

http://www.facesurgery.it/chirurgia_ortognatica.php

Raffaini has some beautiful results on his website.   Check out the rhinoplasty before and afters too.   Many are combined with jaw surgery.   The transformations are amazing.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2013, 05:07:40 PM »
Wow raffaini's results are truly incredible.  This surgery truly makes a difference for people in their early 20s. Once youre approaching middle age its like who gives a s**t not a huge difference in the before and afters unless youre doing it for some sort of functional reason. But wow if youre smart enough to do it in your late teens or early twenties really does seem lifechanging...

pekay

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2013, 05:19:41 PM »
Wow raffaini's results are truly incredible.  This surgery truly makes a difference for people in their early 20s. Once youre approaching middle age its like who gives a s**t not a huge difference in the before and afters unless youre doing it for some sort of functional reason. But wow if youre smart enough to do it in your late teens or early twenties really does seem lifechanging...

LOL sad but true  :'( but let's not forget Marisama who is 27-28? and had a wonderful result
Chopsticks > Spoons

Modigliani

• Private
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2013, 05:36:01 PM »
Dr Mommaerts has excellent credentials, he is a plastic surgeon and maxillofacial surgeon.
From what I've read he is very close to retiring so if I were you I'd schedule a consultation as soon as possible.

Where did you read that?

It was only last year that he was appointed Professor of UZ Brussels (university hospital), seems unlikely that he is anywhere near close to retiring.

pekay

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2013, 05:43:27 PM »
Where did you read that?

It was only last year that he was appointed Professor of UZ Brussels (university hospital), seems unlikely that he is anywhere near close to retiring.

female patient that had surgery with him recently (http://lookyourbestuk.com) his successor is supposed to be a woman
Chopsticks > Spoons

Modigliani

• Private
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2013, 05:57:07 PM »
female patient that had surgery with him recently (http://lookyourbestuk.com) his successor is supposed to be a woman

Can't find the post you were referring to so I'll ask him myself next time I see him  ;)

joanna

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2013, 05:59:32 PM »
Do you know if the great surgeons follow some special aesthetic rules when they are planning the surgery? What kind of rules? I know that Prof. Sailer uses the Ante-Face (Nefretiti was the prototype of Ante-Face) as a technique of an  aesthetic optimization...
One of my greatest fear connected with the surgery is that my nose will change as a side effect of the rotation of maxilla... I would not like to have more snub nose... Do the surgeons have some special ways to avoid it? Special sutures etc?