Author Topic: the best european surgeons  (Read 65084 times)

pekay

Re: the best european surgeons
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2013, 06:06:44 PM »
Do you know if the great surgeons follow some special aesthetic rules when they are planning the surgery? What kind of rules? I know that Prof. Sailer uses the Ante-Face (Nefretiti was the prototype of Ante-Face) as a technique of an  aesthetic optimization...
One of my greatest fear connected with the surgery is that my nose will change as a side effect of the rotation of maxilla... I would not like to have more snub nose... Do the surgeons have some special ways to avoid it? Special sutures etc?

Once the maxilla is moved forward your nose will change (nostrils are going to flare) those sutures that are made to the alar do very little to prevent that from happening.
It's not uncommon for people to get a septoplasty, turbinectomy and columelloplasty during or after orthognathic surgery
Prof Mommaerts prefers to do any sort of nose work once the swelling has gone substantially down (~2 months or so post-op)
Chopsticks > Spoons

Hellojoe

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2013, 02:28:08 AM »
Well im not saying its pointless, esp. If youre doing it for functional reasons. But past 30 your skin and hair become dull and saggy so the structural change doesnt look as transformative. Most 30 year old plus patients who ive seen just look different in their afters or more proportional but they dont tend to look as great as 20 year olds do in their afters. I think its cause younger peoples soft tissue adapts or springs bac better.

Skin sagging at age 30?! Then you gotta have some truly s**tty genes lol.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2013, 11:36:44 AM »
Skin sagging at age 30?! Then you gotta have some truly s**tty genes lol.

yeah, maybe.   :-[

Hellojoe

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2013, 11:46:12 AM »
yeah, maybe.   :-[

Holy s**t, I didn't realize there actually were people in their early 30's experiencing saggyness. Just thought you made an absurd statement, but I now realize how mean it was of me to write what I did. I apologize :-[

Although, it is pretty ignorant of you to write that "people" in their 30's have saggy skin (my dad had taut-as-s**t-skin until his 40's, which I assume is pretty common if you live a decently healthy lifestyle).

pekay

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2013, 03:09:19 PM »
forgot about Dr. Hernández Alfaro http://institutomaxilofacial.com/

I wonder what his rate is for double jaw surgery
Chopsticks > Spoons

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2013, 08:25:22 AM »

wow, wherever that Dr. Hernandez is looks like some kind of paradise. It almost seems like it would be a joy to have surgery and recover there. Nice website and results too....

Modigliani

• Private
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2013, 09:10:32 AM »

I see he sometimes does surgery first, interesting.

Marisama

• Private
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2013, 09:10:54 AM »
Barcelona

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2013, 09:30:00 AM »
I see he sometimes does surgery first, interesting.

Actually M, I think that's one of the new trends, common in Korea as well, to do the jaw surgery first and then apply the braces. Saves a TON of time and also I've heard can give amazing results.
Another pretty interesting thing is he's developed a technique for surgery so that surgery only takes around an hour. I've heard that's true of Schendel too, his surgeries are a lot shorter.

joanna

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2013, 12:56:30 PM »
Do you know what is the estimated price of the double-jaw surgery performed by Prof. Sailer?

Beauty & Success with the Help of a Reverse Facelift

This is a video with some examples of his results. I wonder if the patients who agreed to show their documentation, had a special discounts in the price of the surgery...

pekay

« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2013, 01:06:58 PM »
Do you know what is the estimated price of the double-jaw surgery performed by Prof. Sailer?

Beauty & Success with the Help of a Reverse Facelift

This is a video with some examples of his results. I wonder if the patients who agreed to show their documentation, had a special discounts in the price of the surgery...

Doubtful, believe it or not there are certain people that enjoy that sort of attention (being featured as a before/after on a plastic surgery presentation/website)

Sailer is such a nut, I'm not sure why you're even considering him

Your best bet for double jaw surgery are: Mommaerts (Brussels), Raffaini (Parma), Alfaro (Barcelona), Thuau (London) I know of another guy in Norway but I can't remember his name
Chopsticks > Spoons

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2013, 01:39:46 PM »
what the f**k is this meeting anyway!? lolol god, talk about the dehumanization of culture.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2013, 02:12:03 PM »
oh my god, you actually have just got to laugh at that s**t. thank god most people don't actually think this way.
yeah, that woman got jaw surgery so she could become a f**king airline stewardess, great.

i mean the whole thing was actually terribly misogynistic as well. "being ugly is an advantage for female politicians..."

i mean this guy is straight up crazy. i'll tell you what his universal ideal of beauty is, all his patients ended up looking like
trannys.

Heavyweight

« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2013, 02:17:39 PM »
Sailer has pretty much the same aesthetic philosophy as Arnett and Gunson.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2013, 02:31:54 PM »
Sailer has pretty much the same aesthetic philosophy as Arnett and Gunson.

not quite, he pushes for bi-max rotation yes, but have you seen his gallery of freakshows?

http://www.sailerclinic.com/en/aesthetische_chirurgie/jochbeinaufbau.html