Author Topic: Advice for people wanting midface surgery  (Read 17320 times)

earl25

Re: Advice for people wanting midface surgery
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2015, 09:11:50 AM »
Earl25: I do the same like you did, + 1 thing I want to see before / after
and one of them invite me to show me that before / after.

If you did not see any of his previous cases, so how were you sure, this surgeon had done some modified LF3 before ? I mean if he were enough skilled to do this ?
You just believed what he said ?
If you do not know anything about anopthalmos and diploplia, then it seems like even LF3 is more safe than whole malar reposition. :(

many surgeons show examples of their works on previous patients at least during consultation if they are really have something interesting on their credit.

eeee I also would like to have such option instead of paying 20k E ;) No surgeon offered me this

Well I don't know what to tell you then.you need to decide how important this is to you, and what is your line. I also wanted before and afters but realized soon that wasn't gonna happen. heck just getting a dr. in the usa to even DISCUSS lefort iii or ii was a battle. I don't know where ur from but in the USA just mentioning a lefort iii will scare the heck out of a surgeon. they will throw you out. I kew my surgeon did them because
1) I was refered to him by another doc who said while he didn't do lefort iii my doctor does
2)I saw his name on published lefort iii papers
3)found some articles about how he did it on children, even poor ones for free as part of a charity org
40he gave me the most detailed info at the consult.

double ision was mentioned eyeball displacement wasn't. you also need to rmeber diff surgeons say different thing. I have emails and letter from TOP cranio and maxfax surgeries telling me how dangerus this surgery is and begging me to get fat or implants. its all relative. this isn't a nose job.

earl25

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2015, 10:44:18 AM »
so this basically means that your eyes bug on top, but on the bottom they should not since your zygoma and upper maxilla was pushed fowards.

And also, I would like to know where in bones exactly were cuts made.

my socket and structure overall is too small for my eyes

Gregor Samsa

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2015, 10:46:49 AM »
Do you have that fabled S-curve now?

earl25

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2015, 11:14:46 AM »
so this basically means that your eyes bug on top, but on the bottom they should not since your zygoma and upper maxilla was pushed fowards.

And also, I would like to know where in bones exactly were cuts made.

i dont have the medical report. it was he orbital floor,side of orbit and orbit near th nose i beleive

Rico

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2015, 01:49:01 PM »
So in this surgery orbitals are not involved ? . Can you show me how this surgery looks like, I mean where the bones are cut .... just on a picture from Google images, or perhaps you can draw this on any skull ;) ?  I mean draw a lines of cuts

I wonder how it looks like, because I completely do not see this.

earl25

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2015, 02:49:38 PM »
So in this surgery orbitals are not involved ? . Can you show me how this surgery looks like, I mean where the bones are cut .... just on a picture from Google images, or perhaps you can draw this on any skull ;) ?  I mean draw a lines of cuts

the orbital rims are moved the entire complex is moved

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2015, 09:21:11 PM »
Earl, was your surgery able to achieve the S-curve in your face? Was the malar complex advanced sufficiently enough to give that protrusive sweep that goes out and comes back in towards the maxilla --you know what I'm talking about, right?

PloskoPlus

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2015, 10:59:53 PM »

Rico,

search the aofoundation.org site.  For example:

https://www.aofoundation.org/Structure/search-center/Pages/AOSearchResults.aspx?include=Top%2fsources%2fao+surgery+reference&k=le%20fort%20iII

https://www2.aofoundation.org/wps/portal/surgery?showPage=diagnosis&bone=CMF&segment=Midface&Language=en

earl25

« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2015, 04:53:42 AM »
Earl, was your surgery able to achieve the S-curve in your face? Was the malar complex advanced sufficiently enough to give that protrusive sweep that goes out and comes back in towards the maxilla --you know what I'm talking about, right?
[/quot

i have no idea what your referring to

MrFox

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2015, 05:16:18 AM »
Prominent cheekbone and chin give the face a sort of S shape from this angle.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2015, 07:27:02 AM »
yes earl, sorry here you go, Mr. Fox has posted a good pic of what the S curve looks like from a three quarter angle, you can see how in this older lady above the cheekbone area swells out and then tapers in so that there she has a very strong positive vector under her eyes and then that curve tapers in and comes out again with the chin. I was wondering if you know have that kind of mound under your eyes now after the surgery?

Rico

« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2015, 11:27:07 AM »
Earl25: I'm from Europe. And 50% of surgeons I ask can do this. But only one has documented this, and he can (probably) show me some examples.

and he is the most expensive as well.... (not including Swiss surgeons, too expensive for me)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 02:57:17 PM by Rico :) »

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2015, 11:46:05 AM »
Earl25: I'm from Europe. And 50% of surgeons I ask can do this. But only one has documented this, and he can (probably) show me some examples.

and he is the most expensive also.... (not including Swiss surgeons, too expensive for me)

who do you like the most rico?

earl25

« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2015, 03:34:56 PM »
Prominent cheekbone and chin give the face a sort of S shape from this angle.

the picture doesn't come up on my computer

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2015, 03:42:30 PM »
could someone post the link for that pic so that earl can see it. this is important.