Author Topic: Facial assymetry  (Read 1547 times)

gatty

Facial assymetry
« on: December 15, 2014, 04:48:24 PM »
Hi I have a non jawsurgery related question but you guys seem to know a lot about facial surgery and aesthetics

I have some minor assymetry regarding my orbital/forehead area and it makes me kinda crazy. I'm not sure others really see it but one side of my forehead is flat and looks "abnormal" for a better word, but the point is that it makes my face assymetrical from the eyes up

I have a rather wide head but my forehead has a "hole" in it and its very noticable when I hear a hat etc. they just dont fit on my forehead because of this

I'd like to know if there is any way to fix this without major surgery i.e. implants or some kind of silicone filler maybe?

I tried to make a picture from the upper side so its visible. You see that the right side lacks definition there and flatter than the left side. I put on glasses so you can see a straight line to compare.

Alue

• Private
Re: Facial assymetry
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 06:02:27 PM »
How does it look from the front?   I doubt many people look at you from that angle. 

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 08:36:43 PM »
lol dude you're mental. everyone has a bit of asymmetry even like famous models and actors. you have BDD.

Skillsaw

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2014, 09:39:44 AM »
lol dude you're mental. everyone has a bit of asymmetry even like famous models and actors. you have BDD.

This. Everybody has some asymmetry. Lots of people have one foot slightly bigger than the other, one eye slightly more droopy, one cheekbone less projecting. Look at Paul Walker closely and you'll notice it. Symmetry isn't a massive determinant of attractiveness outside of abnormalities.

molestrip

• Private
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2014, 10:10:04 AM »
I had to stare at it for a few min to see what he's talking about. I see it now. After a few min, knowing where to look. Sometimes seeing someone in person, these things stand out more to be fair but I suspect this is a case of being too picky. I don't blame him for asking, anything minor to fix a problem that bothers you is ok. But I don't think such a solution exists here. This is a phase and you'll grow past it in a few years. The law of diminishing returns applies here. The more you do, the less benefit you get. As a guy, you have many more options as well. You can dress up, build your upper body, or make a lot of money. It becomes easier after mid-20s especially. I have some ugly, ugly friends who have some very attractive spouses. And they're not trophy wives or housewives.

In the mean time, I'd suggest running some experiments to prove to yourself that it's not a problem. Post the pictures to Mechanical Turk like I suggested and ask people to rate. Touch up the photo in Photoshop to fix the problem and then resubmit. I'll bet you real money the ratings are almost identical.

gatty

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2014, 02:38:52 AM »
Its unfortunately visible from the front as well, mostly like a "hole" around the edge of the forehead on one side. Especially visible if I wear glasses. Something to do with the orbital bone around that area.

The pic I posted is from a weird angle because its actualyl visible where bone is missing and the area is flat.

I can post another picture later.

Also of course people not might see it as point it out, they still "see" it in a way as it is an assymetry which itself is unattractive.. And no its not something like your left side is 1mm bigger, its actually like 5-10mm difference between the two sides, its even measurable.

sean89

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2014, 08:34:27 AM »
The problem is where do they make the incision.

Is it in the eyebrow or through the eyelid?

And then is there anything that can be implanted there permanently because I am not familiar with the maxillofacial interventions that can address that. Again, I think the option is fillers.