General Category > Emotional Support

Nerve Damage - anyone heard of treatment for this. Acupunture or any other

(1/3) > >>

janeames:
I had orthognathic surgery over a year ago - I have about 80% of the feeling back but still have numbness to the lip.  I have been to a acupunturist and have had 6 weekly treatments and are starting again tomorrow.  I am wondering whether this is worth it?  Has anyone else had success with acupunture treatment or any other treatment? 

Rico:
I think better is simple massage and laser therapy (however only low energy for a proper amount of time, high energy block nerve function. Read about this and choose good therapist). This is all what you can do and it may help ony a little. You will never get 100%....at this point - little too late to boost regeneration...but worth a try. Perhaps you will get additional 5% - max 10%... but not big  chances

aj08229:
tried laser therapy once , not a difference ,but it may vary from person to person , is the acupuncture making any difference for you?

Rico:
I have never tried acupuncture, but I have mild compression of the nerve due overlooked fracture. In my case, I felt difference after long acting cortisteroid injection + laser therapy.  How many sessions of laser therapy you had ?

Serra:
I haven't tried this yet, but long term supplementation of acetyl l-carnitine may be worth a try. There are studies on it with conclusive results that it helps in reducing neuropathy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version