Author Topic: lingual frenulum removal surgery  (Read 1089 times)

earl25

lingual frenulum removal surgery
« on: November 04, 2015, 06:50:13 PM »
Has anyone had this? i saw  myofunctional therapist who recommended this. she claims it can help with posture and stuff

jawsaw

Re: lingual frenulum removal surgery
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 08:38:43 AM »
Had it done in early October. It wasn't that bad. The recovery was a lot longer than I expected. You have to stretch your tongue every day to prevent scar tissue from forming which would cause you to lose some of the length you gained by having it done. I would say its still not 100% healed, but it doesn't bother. I can swallow better. Do it!

earl25

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2015, 04:25:05 PM »
have you see any changes like improvement of foreword head posture (if you  have it)

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2015, 04:54:24 PM »
Why on earth would you want to do this???

Ending up with a longer tongue is going to make you feel your tongue is too big for your mouth. It will suck.

jawsaw

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2015, 06:17:09 PM »
Your tongue remains the same size. It doesn't lose or gain mass. If anything my airway has expanded because I now have the ability to keep my tongue more towards the front of my mouth and away from my throat. I can also stick my tongue out farther, which again, opens up my airway. I'm obviously not going to stick my tongue out for the rest of my life, but its a nice reprieve from the perpetually smaller amount of space in my mouth while the pull back my bottom front teeth in preparation for sleep apnea orthognathic surgery. It did nothing for my forward head posture. I have forward head posture because my mandible is retruded. If I stand tall I essentially cut off my airway. This will be fixed when I have orthognathic surgery.