Author Topic: What is bone putty?  (Read 1568 times)

Serra

• Private
What is bone putty?
« on: January 23, 2015, 11:09:27 AM »
Apparently it was used in my surgery and removed. What is it?

Lazlo

• Private
Re: What is bone putty?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 12:30:15 PM »
Apparently it was used in my surgery and removed. What is it?

what the f**k do you mean it was used in your surgery and removed. I really wish when people post they actually explain clearly what the hell they're talking about.

okay from what I know bone putty is a substance that is used to fill in spaces, edges that are too small for a bone graft to even contours and stuff and I think it sort of dissolves as new bone is supposed to regenerate and fill the spaces in. So I don't understand why it would be "removed" as you say. Unless I'm completely clueless about what it is. But why do you care? Are you having some sort of problem?

Serra

• Private
Re: What is bone putty?
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2015, 09:52:50 PM »
what the f**k do you mean it was used in your surgery and removed. I really wish when people post they actually explain clearly what the hell they're talking about.

okay from what I know bone putty is a substance that is used to fill in spaces, edges that are too small for a bone graft to even contours and stuff and I think it sort of dissolves as new bone is supposed to regenerate and fill the spaces in. So I don't understand why it would be "removed" as you say. Unless I'm completely clueless about what it is. But why do you care? Are you having some sort of problem?
Uh...
I am having a genioplasty reversal and my dr quickly mentioned this in passing and didn't give me time/opportunity to inquire more. I asked him if any HA was used in my surgery once, to which he said yes, and I asked about it again last time and said he hadn't used it and had used bone putty to fill in a gap. I want to know because I want to know what is in my body..."Removed" are his words, not mine. Maybe he meant it's gone by now.