General Category > Emotional Support

To post op. 1 year or more patients.how does your lower lip/chin feels?

(1/4) > >>

aj08229:
I am more than one year post op. to underbite double jaw surgery , my lower lip feels really strange , i think i got numb patches but if i touch i feel the area though it really gets hard and stiff time to time .
to everybody who been through this surgery please explain how did your recovery go and now after a year span how do you feel in your lower lip area , numbness is the most common risk of this surgery and thus it makes me anxious to know if there is anybody who recovered completely from it

ForeverDet:
I'm 2 years post-op and my entire lower lip, lower gums and chin is partially numb. I don't think about it much.

Serra:

--- Quote from: BrooklynsOwn on July 15, 2015, 10:03:08 AM ---Isnt there a surgery for nerve repair?  I dont think you can wait a year to get it but i hear there are oral surgeons who specialize in nerve repair.

--- End quote ---

I believe that is for severed nerves, not damage from nerves being stretched.

miyi:
its been more than 5 years since my last jaw surgery ..Ive had two jaw surgeries by the way and as a result i got permanent nerve damage on my bottom lip..that was the least of my worries..I just wanted to improve my smile :)

baldguy83:
I'm now 1,5 month post-op and most of the numbness has gone away entirely, except for a small spot on the lower left of my bottom lip that still feels a bit 'off' when stretched or kissed. I guess I got lucky?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version