Author Topic: Keller retired...  (Read 5497 times)

LoveofScotch

Keller retired...
« on: March 26, 2015, 10:41:15 AM »
His name has been brought up a bit recently, so I wanted people to know he apparently retired in December.

terry947

Re: Keller retired...
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 11:58:05 AM »
Ya sucks but supposedly his surgeries cost up to $100k plus other surgeons are most likely capable of performing this procedure.

needadvancement

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 12:05:10 PM »
That woman's scleral show vanished in the after pretty impressive.

needadvancement

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 12:25:29 PM »
Smiling raises the lower eyelid

Yeah but I'm looking at mine and the sceral show is there when I smile and I got it less severe than her before picture.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2015, 01:37:32 PM »
He trained many docs to do the procedure. Also, it's not like any of you were gonna pay 100 grand.

girl

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2015, 01:56:03 PM »
I'd happily pay 100 grand to fix this misery.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2015, 02:35:57 PM »
well then just contact mayo, there are other people who can do the quad lefort 2 .

Baditude

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2015, 07:21:18 PM »
I am soooo upset he retired! I was just logging on to see if he was still at Mayo. He did my TMJ Christensen Fossa in 1999 after 50 different doctors turned me away saying my case was too advanced for them including the "famed"Dr. Piper in Florida. I am having quite a bit of new problems and was hoping to have to him see if there was anything more that could be done for me. I guess I will have to see if anyone there can help me or if I am on the search again for anyone who will attempt to treat me.

terry947

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2015, 07:27:54 PM »
Who ever has his email, message him and ask him who he thinks are the top 5 best surgeons in the US or Europe who he feels are capable of performing the quad le fort and other procedures up to his standards. something like that.

molestrip

• Private
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2015, 09:52:10 PM »
That hair style wasn't doing her any favors either. I joked with one surgeon that I'd pay $100k to never have had this problem in the first place. No takers yet.

LoveofScotch

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2015, 08:25:59 PM »
If you're living in the U.S. with health insurance, Mayo can be an affordable option (all things considered).

PloskoPlus

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2015, 08:42:44 PM »
If you're living in the U.S. with health insurance, Mayo can be an affordable option (all things considered).

How much is health insurance in the US?  How are they still in business with such medical costs?

molestrip

• Private
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2015, 08:59:45 PM »
They're in business cause we have the money and it's damn worth it. I'd pay out of pocket if I had to.

LoveofScotch

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2015, 09:16:43 PM »
Expensive, it's expensive. I have what's considered a "Cadillac plan" with a rather unfortunate monthly premium, and also a yearly deductible. Our health care costs have exploded (although I would imagine this is occurring pretty much everywhere), and there's no end in sight. Everyone is aging, sick, fat, being diagnosed with cancer, needing new body parts, falling apart, and living a long damn time. It's a recipe for disaster, and health care costs have been responding accordingly (or something like that).

The good thing about Mayo is they operate as an "in-network" provider, assuming you live in the U.S. and have insurance (they work with many/most insurance companies). A/G, for example, practice "out-of-network" with ALL insurance companies (the hospital they use, etc. are separate and potentially "in-network" depending on your specific insurance). For me, Keller would've been a fraction of the cost of Gunson.

I also know nothing about the quad LeFort (or whatever it's called), so maybe that's different from a cost perspective.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2015, 09:46:36 PM »
So how much is a Cadillac plan?  For the record, in Australia, insurance only covers hospital fees (which for some reason includes hardware like plates and screws).  Government Medicare covers a fraction of the surgeon's and anaesthesiologist's fees.