Author Topic: Face-pulled for 15 months - Now my face hurts  (Read 12401 times)

KronosAlphason

Face-pulled for 15 months - Now my face hurts
« on: April 16, 2015, 01:23:59 PM »
I started facepulling November 2012 using a headgear device I created myself. I pulled 30 minutes everyday for 15 months, using moderate upward/forward force. I noticed changes almost right away, in only a few months I had closed my bite (I had an underbite) and my face transformed a lot in general.

Now however I've run into a problem. About a few months or so I've had this pain in the face. It's a searing type of pain that doesn't really ever go away.

I am worried that it is the face pulling that triggered it, however, the fact that it never hurt like this once during the actual treatment and coupled with the fact that this pain appeared long after I desisted the pulling makes this unclear. There are many factors that can contribute to my facial pain, but what do you think, have I caused irreperable damage in some way?

Also, I've experienced a loss of taste recently, could this also be a consequence of the facepulling or is something else? I'm praying for a deviated septum or something like that.

molestrip

• Private
Re: Face-pulled for 15 months - Now my face hurts
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 02:31:32 PM »
I can't tell if this is a troll. In case it's not, you should absolutely not be doing something like this to yourself. If you really want it done, then shop around. It may take 20 orthodontists but eventually you'll find one who knows slightly more than you about it.

Regarding your questions, I doubt 30min a day is likely to have done anything to your bones except possibly move them around. A light force 23 hours a day over a decade might be another story. I would think if you stopped face pulling and you were fine then it's probably unrelated. I don't see how your sense of taste could be affected by it. Get a surgeon to image the nerve and see if it's being compressed somewhere.

GrendelGegongan

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 01:27:31 AM »
I've tried the face pulling too and it worked but, if you don't do this constantly- your face will go back to it's "original" state.  In regards to the pain, you're possibly doing it too aggressively.  Bones tend to bend or "shape" with consistent pressure that's moderate.  If you over-do it, you won't gain the max.  I thought pulling hard would get me my results faster but, after researching and speaking with a few docs, I realized what I was doing was totally wrong. 

Anyhow, I think the face pulling helped some but, didn't fully fix my issues.  I got tired of it and it got to the point where I wasn't seeing more changes so, I stopped.
If your sense of taste and the pain is too much, I would stop the face pulling routine and see if that's the variable. 

Deviated septum? That's usually due to an asymmetry issue- you def. don't want that.

Hi fellow facepuller

The thing is these symptoms started long after I quit facepulling, and I rather have something that can be fixed than some chronic pain caused by facepulling

Nataliepryor

• Private
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2015, 04:45:45 AM »
Lots of people doing it, doesn't make it a great idea. If your face won't stop hurting maybe see a doctor??

triot

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2015, 06:07:50 AM »
What?! Does that really work?! I've read about that, didn't really believe in it.
Did it change the bones on your entire face? Just curious, I'm not planing to do that.

babyface99

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2015, 11:45:58 PM »
does it actually work though?

Alue

• Private
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2015, 12:46:28 AM »
I don't see how this would be of any benefit in adults. 

babyface99

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2015, 02:15:27 AM »
apparently you can expand palates non surgically in adults it just takes longer so i can see the logic behind moving the whole maxilla but its easier said than done. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCNqbvOALZI here is Dr. Mike Mew talking about it with photo evidence.

babyface99

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2015, 02:21:20 AM »
the guy is working on methods for non surgical maxillary advancement combining NCR, face pulling and a system of chewing gummies apparently there is a dentist in japan who has achieved movements in adults.

KronosAlphason

terry947

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2015, 05:35:08 PM »
i believe it.

girl

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2015, 05:55:08 PM »
Lol DIY jaw surgery.

I'll stand on my head and hope my face shortens itself by an inch.

mirepjanic15

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2015, 05:55:21 PM »
come on guys, do you seriously believe this?

PloskoPlus

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2015, 07:04:44 PM »
come on guys, do you seriously believe this?
No.

mirepjanic15

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2015, 07:13:51 PM »
No.

thank god! what has this place become? Why was i banned?

I am one of the few serious posters, who actually got s**t done, i give valuable advice and  i am kind to every user, and i get banned every time for trivial stuff (i posted links to other boards...).

Ban the crazy users !!!