Author Topic: Fat Graft under the eyes  (Read 9018 times)

Rico

Re: Fat Graft under the eyes
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2015, 01:27:44 PM »
LOL  the GIF with Jim Carrey makes me laughing

mirepjanic15

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2015, 01:33:22 PM »
I have had fat grafts three times under my eyes. It would look good for a month then disappear or sink into the cheeks.

would you say your condition now is WORSENED compared to PRE OP?

ncharm

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2015, 09:44:03 PM »
No. But it was a waste of money for sure. I didn't get any of the catastrophic side effects you hear about, like lumping or extreme asymmetries, but it just didn't really help.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2015, 01:07:26 AM »
No. But it was a waste of money for sure. I didn't get any of the catastrophic side effects you hear about, like lumping or extreme asymmetries, but it just didn't really help.

How much did you pay?  Because the prices I've seen were insane when you consider that it's basically an injection.

mirepjanic15

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2015, 04:46:20 AM »
How much did you pay?  Because the prices I've seen were insane when you consider that it's basically an injection.

i'll have it for free

ncharm

« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2015, 05:45:47 AM »

1200 EUR for the first and 900 EUR each for the other two. From a fairly reputable European surgeon (the filler/boob job kind of plastic surgeon, not the maxillofacial sort). It included anesthesia and actually getting the fat out of you, so it seems reasonable. I don't totally regret it even though it didn't help, at least I tried and now I know I need to find something else. To be fair my infraorbital weakness is pretty significant. I could see how it might work well for less severe cases or for anti-aging purposes. It just seems totally unpredictable for anything else though. Also in my case I had some reddening of the cheek area for months, but I have really sensitive skin so that may differ from case to case.

MrFox

« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2015, 02:54:41 PM »

Really why can't hooded upper lids and aegyo sal on the lower lids be created like Kyle Chandler's?

What are the limitations, surely it's fat that creates this look in nature?

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2015, 03:09:17 PM »
Guys, I'm a pretty huge pro at all of this by now so listen that first result posted by the op is not reliable at all. if before and after pics are not taken with the exact same lighting conditions, position of face, lens type, shot scale and framing you absolutely cannot assess them. and that's not the case with the conditions of the before and after above.

there are two takes on fat grafts for under the eye region. Everyone I know who had them experinced the same results --the fat dissipated after a few weeks. A surgeon named Sam Lam in Dallas claims that a proper fat graft doesn't just fill the area but is grafted with actual blood vessel tissue so that it grows and becomes part of the area like live tissue. He has examples that look okay of before and after and it looks like a more invasive procedure that involves being totally under anesthesia. I don't know frankly cause I don't have personal experience with anyone who had surgery with him.

What we're getting into here is the genetics of beauty. People have different sorts of soft tissue. Why does Tilda Swinton have taut facial tissue past the age of 50 and others are haggard and sallow looking? It's not just her bone structure, which is certainly a big part of it, but it's the thickness or texture of her soft tissue that clings to her orbital rims, etc. etc. etc. So many factors. So we are playing with massive randomness in terms of how a fat graft might take or not, how a canthoplexy or whatever might improve our eye shape. This Kyle Chandler guy, look at the texture of his skin, it's not just fat, but his skin itself seems thick, more olive or mediterranean type of skin, the amount of keratin in his hair --it's all great quality features. So it's not just his bone structure or fat. I just want to relay here the complexity of this attempt to breakdown how to achieve so-called "beautiful features". clearly we're all on a hunt for this and i'm not negating how effective certain features might be. But there are a lot of X -factors that make up "beauty". Buyer be ware.

Picollo30

« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2015, 08:15:04 PM »
Lazlo it's been 6 months since my 3rd fat graft and the results are good, i can show you. but are you saying that i will probably need malar implants in the future?

mirepjanic15

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2015, 04:40:37 AM »
Lazlo it's been 6 months since my 3rd fat graft and the results are good, i can show you. but are you saying that i will probably need malar implants in the future?

he's saying your pictures are not valid due to lens distortion...can you post after pics in other lighting???

mirepjanic15

« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2015, 04:40:57 AM »
or before afters in the same exact lighting, same camera'?

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2015, 08:25:18 PM »
or before afters in the same exact lighting, same camera'?

yes that would be very helpful.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2015, 09:50:42 PM »
thats me guys LOL

My surgeon was Dr Paulo Costa at Hospital da Prelada, Porto, Portugal. Free surgeries by the way.

I had to do 3 fat grafts, because i still did look kinda emaciated after the 2nd one. He wanted to do malar implants but i was scared of the results and opted for a third fat graft.

you can see more here

http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z416/Picollo30/paulo20102.png
http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z416/Picollo30/Clipboard06.png

Now

http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z416/Picollo30/ddddd.png
http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z416/Picollo30/aaaa.png
http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z416/Picollo30/cccc.png
http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z416/Picollo30/example%20pic.png
http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z416/Picollo30/ffff.png

you had an otolplasty and a few nose jobs too eh?