Author Topic: My Kaiser Oakland Nightmare With Dr. Felice O'Ryan  (Read 18868 times)

kjohnt

Re: My Kaiser Oakland Nightmare With Dr. Felice O'Ryan
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2016, 02:17:41 AM »
I sure hope everything works out for you!

LyraM45

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2016, 04:49:55 PM »
I'm on the other side!!  Things felt different from the second I woke up.  Even though I was terribly swollen, I could tell my facial asymmetry was better, the cants/yaws corrected, segments untwisted, and midlines were dead on.  And even through the swelling, I can close my lips more comfortably.  Really thankful that it looks like I am finally on a good path with all of this and my revision surgeon has worked wonders!

Xray is today, 5 days post op.  Can't believe how straight everything is!  My surgeon had an absolute mess on his hands.  He wasn't even sure if he could fix it all because Kaiser left me that bad, but it looks like he's done a damn good job just looking at my first pano!!  Incredibly relieved doesn't even begin to describe what I am feeling right now!

[attachment deleted by admin]

sunshineb

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2016, 10:55:41 PM »
Just wanted to wish you the best of luck during recovery!
I take it should be about 10 days since your surgery, wishing you all the best  :)

LyraM45

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2016, 09:35:46 AM »
Thank you!!  So far so good.  Have my second check up with my ortho and surgeon tomorrow and hope to get in some looser bands, and hopefully the splint is off in another week or two.  :)

stupidjaws

• CFO
  • The panic the vomit the yuppies networking
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2016, 06:26:06 PM »
how's it goin?? great to hear this good news!

LyraM45

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2016, 06:34:28 PM »
Looking good still!  Big smiles from both my surgeon and ortho at my second check up.  Two weeks post op today.  I get my splint off in 12 days if all continues to look good.  Starting to really see the huge differences this time vs. the first surgery now that my swelling is way down.  Check out my latest blog updates to see some of the latest shots and a short video update on my bite! 

Take a look at a few afters from the first surgery vs. afters from this.  HUGE difference! Attaching them in separate posts since the file size is so limited.  This shot is 2 weeks pre op (top picture) vs. about 7 weeks post op first surgery (bottom). 

www.confessionsofametalmouth.com 

LyraM45

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2016, 06:35:51 PM »
this shot about 7 weeks post op original surgery. 

« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 07:18:51 PM by LyraM45 »

LyraM45

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2016, 06:37:43 PM »
Last shot is about 10 days post op this time for revision. 

stupidjaws

• CFO
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2016, 07:16:45 PM »
wow! that's some swelling; but yeah, i can definitely see a great result beneath that swelling!
bite looks solid, face is extremely proportionate, beautiful eyes and nose!

LyraM45

« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2016, 07:22:19 PM »
Thanks!  My lower midlines will forever be off because I had one of my lower incisors pulled to prep for revision (making an even bigger overjet to make room to move my upper jaw back where it needed to be again), and I am still a little class II on my right, but it was planned for my ortho to have that post op for some work he needs to do.  I have no clue how much longer I'll be in braces, but at least I am at the point now where I can finally be finished with braces.  Looking forward to putting this all behind me.  Been in the game since Jan 2013-- first round of braces and jaw surgery was 23 months, and now second round right after the first. Been a long few years!

stupidjaws

• CFO
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2016, 07:34:45 PM »
that must've been tough...i've had quite a few surgeries myself!

LyraM45

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2016, 07:36:07 PM »
Oh no!!  Best of luck with your work too!  I always hate hearing when one surgery leads to many for us!

LyraM45

« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2016, 02:44:04 PM »
5 weeks post revision yesterday.  Time flies!  My splint was taken out a few days shy of 4 weeks, and everything continues to check out OK.  My ortho has me started in bands to close up the mm or so I have open on my right side.  Continuing to see such huge differences in these results as time goes on.  Most of my initial swelling is gone and I'm down to the puffiness around the nose/cheeks that tends to stick around for a few more months.  But overall, still looking much better this go around!

LyraM45

« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2016, 11:19:24 AM »
10 weeks post reivsion!  Things are still going pretty well.  Still amazing to see the differences in my bite post op compared to last time post op.  My team is still incredibly involved, taking great care to make sure everything is on the right track this time.  From what I understand, I think I could be out of braces in about 5 months. 

Some recent shots of where my bite is sitting.  Still a ton of work to do to fix the angulation on my front teeth, and then I have a ton of restorative work to do with a few implants on the upper front teeth that have extreme root resorption thanks to my first round of treatment that was done all wonky.  So, still a long way to go, but in terms of the surgical hurdle we cleared, things are still going well :)

superfly

« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2016, 05:06:20 PM »
Hi Lyra

I am wondering if you had any disc issues(TMJ disc) along the way? Any clicking, grinding or displacement?

I have a mild disc displacement which has thrown my whole bite off. I have been scared to proceed with all of this due to that, but my bite being off is destroying me slowly also. :(