Author Topic: HGH for cheekbone augmentation?  (Read 7170 times)

molestrip

• Private
HGH for cheekbone augmentation?
« on: May 06, 2015, 07:30:55 AM »
I was watching Botched last night and a patient came in who has been supplementing with Human Growth Hormone. What struck me as odd was the plastic surgeons noted that she'd grown a layer of bone over he existing cheekbones. This strikes me as particularly interesting. I wouldn't want HGH flying all over my body just to correct a local defect but what research has been done using it to restore midface defects? Is it possible a local injection might over time restore the missing volume?

baldguy83

Re: HGH for cheekbone augmentation?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 07:48:08 AM »
Why not simply go for a zygomatic osteotomy?

molestrip

• Private
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2015, 07:52:14 AM »
Because that's surgery and all the risks that come with it. Few surgeons do it for good reason.

molestrip

• Private
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2015, 09:33:41 AM »
The biggest risk is failure to achieve a good result. Symmetry is tough. It's not easily reversed and once you do, you tend to look worse than you did before. It's also not permanent, as skeleton pulls back a few mms starting in your 40s. What looked good when you were younger often doesn't so much as you age. As the fat pads thing, the underlying bone structure and it's inconsistencies become more prominent. Other than that, I think cutting and moving bone may require the surgeon to manipulate the soft tissue around there more, compared to sliding in an implant. There's a lot of muscles in the face and a few important nerves in that area that you'd rather not disturb. I think this isn't too much of a problem in practice for an experienced surgeon. Failure to achieve good results is the biggest risk.

If you want cheekbone augmentation, then my advice is to find all the ways of fixing it. Then find a guy who does them all and ask him to recommend a technique for you. Then find a guy who's most experienced with that technique. Have some humility, you don't understand or appreciate all the issues involved so find a guy who does and can make that decision for you.

LoveofScotch

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2015, 09:54:53 AM »
Is it possible a local injection might over time restore the missing volume?

Super interesting thought, but that would be like injecting testosterone into your quads with the expectation that ONLY your quads would get bigger and stronger. Once stuff like that hits your bloodstream it goes everywhere and your body does with it as it pleases.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2015, 11:15:22 AM »
So Mr. Fox's results are quite outstanding and dramatic. Sailer uses cadaver bone and he claims it turns into the patients own bone after 3 years. Regardless, it would provide you with precisely the type of very dramatic cheekbone results you might want.

HA is too subtle and of course osteotomies are major surgery. I was doubtful of Sailer before, but now I think he might be on to something.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2015, 11:26:07 AM »
Sailer, the ante-face guy? His results are creepy (or just overly photoshoped) and his price is crazy. Some guy had a consultation with him and he wanted 100k€. Brb, selling a house so I can get ante face.

Just reporting what I've recently seen s**t for brains.

GJ

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2015, 11:54:40 AM »
Keep it civil.
Millimeters are miles on the face.

MrFox

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2015, 12:22:22 PM »
Thank you Lazlo, yes the lyphosilized cartilage implants should fully ossify in roughly 3 years.

molestrip

• Private
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2015, 01:21:04 PM »
@LoveOfScotch Normally I would say but there are places in your body where that's not the case. Flonase, for example, mostly stays in the nose. I don't the anatomy too well but there's supposed to be a pocked above the cheekbone where it could be placed. Maybe an infection risk and, also, maybe hard to get symmetric consistent results. Even if it gets to the blood stream, maybe much of it would be absorbed locally before spreading? At least it happens slowly so you can kind of keep an eye on things and stop if it looks like you're heading the wrong direction.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2015, 02:14:27 PM »
I too am a MrFox Witness.

LoveofScotch

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2015, 02:17:11 PM »
@LoveOfScotch Normally I would say but there are places in your body where that's not the case. Flonase, for example, mostly stays in the nose. I don't the anatomy too well but there's supposed to be a pocked above the cheekbone where it could be placed. Maybe an infection risk and, also, maybe hard to get symmetric consistent results. Even if it gets to the blood stream, maybe much of it would be absorbed locally before spreading? At least it happens slowly so you can kind of keep an eye on things and stop if it looks like you're heading the wrong direction.

Just because Flonase is sprayed directly into the nose doesn't mean it only stays in the nose (mostly, yes). For example, Calcitonin is available as an intranasal spray and it's used to treat osteoporosis, etc. Also, cocaine. Up the nose...you know the rest.

Botox is one example where it is supposed to stay 100% localized. You hope to hell that it stays where it's put, but there have been cases (not many) where it may have traveled away from the injection site. (I said 'may have' not definitely.)

Also, I personally wouldn't worry about a little HGH. I assume you're not really going to look for a doctor to put that in your cheeks, though? Don't do that, lol.

How stuff migrates throughout the body still confuses doctors.

MrFox

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2015, 02:33:35 PM »
Interesting! Are they ready-made implants? Or he shapes them over your own bone during the operation? Can they be done for any area?

No no they're not ready made, he carves out what shape you want whilst listening to classical music.

Hgh could induce bone thickening/ growth but of course there would be no control over how much grows or to what shape. Too dangerous, it could start an irreversable process.

Dear PloskoPlus, you are one of the exclusive MrFox witnesses.

terry947

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2015, 11:44:19 PM »
With great honour I'm pleased to say that I've also seen mr. Foxes results, and they are very, very  good. Which is making me sway towards regular lf1/bsso and possibly implants in the future. With real bone of course. Not sure what's wrong with me but for some reason I can live with a foreign thing in the body like silicon or somes**t like that.

Also HGH is so low risk it's not even funny. I have a couple of friends who are in the steroid scene who have done it for years. Low dosage injections of 2-4 ius daily will do nothing in terms of side effects. Running 20 ius a day will cause organ growth and acomegaly. You have to be literally retarded to do that. HGH is legit the fountain of youth. Once I reach 30 I'll most likely do it my whole life. It's ridiculous this stuff is illegal in Canada.

Problem with HGH is that localized injections most likely won't do anything. It goes through your whole body. I could see it doing something if you did face pulling or some sort of activity that would promote growth while on HGH.

needagameplan

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2015, 12:08:03 AM »
What can be done with HGH? can it grow the face?

is it very illegal?