Author Topic: surgeons...stealing each other's websites?  (Read 941 times)

needagameplan

surgeons...stealing each other's websites?
« on: May 06, 2015, 09:49:48 PM »
guttenberg is the most famous surgeon in DC. I check out the links on his page on corrective jaw surgery and sleep apnea.

I check out a few other local surgeons and they have literally jacked his pages ... word for word (or he stole theirs?) ????

Now, granted, it's just some basic stuff that doesn't really matter. But what the hell? is this common? Shady business practice..

needagameplan

Re: surgeons...stealing each other's websites?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 10:08:26 PM »
maybe there is just some standard legal thing to write, because I noticed basically all surgeons have the same pages for "initial visit" as well as "sleep apnea"

molestrip

• Private
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2015, 11:16:51 PM »
Dr Posnick is the most renown in the area. My impression is there's a few standard websites out there and the surgeons are just using them, not so much copying from each other. One looks like it's made by Dolphin, which provides software for surgical planning.

needagameplan

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2015, 01:02:26 AM »
good thinking. Posnick's results are truly incredible... I sent him an email. I hope he's not too old?

molestrip

• Private
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2015, 01:33:58 PM »
He's old. I don't like old surgeons. I suspect many of them are still more than competent in the operating room but the real issue is that jaw surgery is a long process. Multiple years with possibilities of revisions and need for follow up for 5 years afterwards. I don't think any surgeon over the age of 65 can offer that service and of the visionary surgeons, there's not many who meet that criteria anymore. If your case is standard, then you should look for a great surgeon instead otherwise you need one of those guys anyway. Sadly, the world seems to be losing the visionary surgeons. There's a few bright spots but just not opportunities for surgeons to learn from experimentation anymore.