Author Topic: Tear Trough Deformity  (Read 1213 times)

Lazlo

• Private
Tear Trough Deformity
« on: May 10, 2015, 10:19:40 PM »
Look it up and you'll see a lot of pics.

Basically, with age, and because of lack of bone support and soft tissue, some people develop huge hollows underneath their eyes.

I have this problem big time.

I'm hoping Sinn's modified Lefort III can lift my orbital rim and project it such that I won't have this problem anymore. Basically, I want something like the structure Tilda Swinton has to her upper midface. Full and protrusive.

Sinn has suggested doing surgery in two steps. First the high lefort I and BSSO with CCW, and then 10 months later the modifid lefort III.

I'm still uncertain whether this will give the same results as the Zygomatic Osteotomy PLUS the orbital rim surgery and whether he can project these areas enough using my own bone to make a difference.

I have very thick skin, and sort of ptosis of my midface, i.e. it's started to droop. And my eyes bulge out a fair bit so I'm very worried that a very large advancement --perhaps too large than is possible would be needed.

But he main problem is to basically create the opposite of this blasted tear trough issue.

Ah well, questions to ask Sinn whn I see him.

geijutsu

Re: Tear Trough Deformity
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2015, 08:20:09 AM »
It's very hard to give surgical recommendations without knowing how you look before. It depends from one to case to another.