Author Topic: Dr. Zarribal consult coming up - do you want me to ask something?  (Read 6487 times)

triot

So, I'll be in Berlin from the 17th to 21st of May and I'll be having a consultation with Dr. Zarrinbal on the 19th. I don't know if somebody already offered this before and got you answers, but maybe the new users want to know something or there are other things you're intrested in. I'll try to incorporate them in my consultation.
I'll post the answers as soon as I get back home. :3

PloskoPlus

Re: Dr. Zarribal consult coming up - do you want me to ask something?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015, 04:54:39 AM »
So, I'll be in Berlin from the 17th to 21st of May and I'll be having a consultation with Dr. Zarrinbal on the 19th. I don't know if somebody already offered this before and got you answers, but maybe the new users want to know something or there are other things you're intrested in. I'll try to incorporate them in my consultation.
I'll post the answers as soon as I get back home. :3

Ask to see examples of Zygomatic Osteotomies he performed on men.  Try to work out how much anterior (forward) projection they get vs lateral (sideways).  And do they look like trannies afterwards?

PloskoPlus

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2015, 01:21:24 PM »
this. examples of ZO. he warmly recommended me this procedure and I'd love to see what's the buzz about.

Also, PP, what would you think that ZO would give tranny look? You may be talking about low-set and increased sized zygos, but isn't this purely depended of your initial structure?
There is a user here who consulted him in person.  He only showed him zo before and afters of women.  He said the procedure was definitely feminizing - they ended up with bulges under the eyes. So that would be my concern.

Rico

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2015, 02:13:17 PM »
+me

he showed me ZSO on a man - good result.. but unfortunately ZSO is not for me
He does not perform full ZO - malar osteotomy (just in case), because as he said, he does not want to have bad opinions :P
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 02:22:38 PM by Rico :) »

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2015, 09:16:19 PM »
can chin be widened and lengthened during chin-wing operation? I.e. can one manipulate the chin and put grafts etc. to shape it more square in addition to the rest of operation.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2015, 11:11:55 PM »
can chin be widened and lengthened during chin-wing operation? I.e. can one manipulate the chin and put grafts etc. to shape it more square in addition to the rest of operation.
Yes,  see Triaca papers

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2015, 01:15:35 AM »
This is e-mail I received from dr. Z. He's recommending me ZO, but now it's quite questionable whether it's true ZO or just ZSO since you've said that he doesn't perform true ZOs. Or maybe I'm just exception, because my whole infraorbital-zygo region is underdeveloped and as much as possible has to be pushed forward.

It is ZSO. There is literally no doubt this is what he means.
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2015, 02:39:39 AM »
I don't think he got a ZSO. I thought it was just upper jaw surgery which is why he lost his ogee curve in the 3/4 view.
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

ncharm

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2015, 05:47:40 AM »
ZSO is definitely feminizing but it really depends on the rest of your face if it looks good or bad on you. I kind of have prominent, feminine cheekbones now but I'd still rather take that than the completely flat and narrow midface I had before. It gave my midface some much needed plasticity where it was like a flat cylinder before. It also really improved the nasolabial folds I had.

Also ZSO will do absolutely nothing for your eyes except bring out the bone at the very outer corner a little. There is no forward projection with this.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2015, 07:53:59 AM »
ZSO is definitely feminizing but it really depends on the rest of your face if it looks good or bad on you. I kind of have prominent, feminine cheekbones now but I'd still rather take that than the completely flat and narrow midface I had before. It gave my midface some much needed plasticity where it was like a flat cylinder before. It also really improved the nasolabial folds I had.

Also ZSO will do absolutely nothing for your eyes except bring out the bone at the very outer corner a little. There is no forward projection with this.

Did you have a zygomatic osteotomy?  By Dr Z?

Rico

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2015, 12:58:05 PM »
ZSO is what Mommaerts developed (as I suppose) and  it is relatively safe (in good hands). However this makes changes in orbital rim area  not possible, because simply orbits are not involved in this procedure. Zarrinbal just does safe things....

I had consultation with him..however that day I had sleepless night and I was feeling terrible, so even my english was much worse (not good communication)...but fortunately (in that particular situation) after few minutes I realised he is not right for me and I had not to ask more specific questions..... so I'm not enough helpful here. After that I learnt it's beter to take some hydroxyzine or something and have good sleep before consultation in the case of sleep disturbance :)

I saw 2 examples of his ZSO and they were OK.
I think he really cares about his patients. So if you think some typical or modified ZSO is good for you, then you can consider him.

ZO as typical zygomatic osteotomy (whole zygoma + part of maxillary bone) typically does not reqiure any bone transplant / augumentation - this is why this procedure is the most professional and at the same time more difficult and more risky

Keep in mind, he may change his mind of specific solution when he will see you in real

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2015, 11:17:12 PM »
It sounds like ZSO is not a potential problem solver for me, although not a procedure to discard yet. Will see what Dr. Z. will tell me.

If you want to be less invasive maybe ZSO and an infraorbital implant down the line?

PloskoPlus

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2015, 01:04:57 PM »
Where are these quotes from?

triot

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2015, 10:34:43 AM »
There is a user here who consulted him in person.  He only showed him zo before and afters of women.  He said the procedure was definitely feminizing - they ended up with bulges under the eyes. So that would be my concern.

I asked for results on male patients and he had just a few. He said that the procedure is more asked by women.
I also asked if there's a risk for the cheekbones to turn out more feminine, he said that it depends on what exactly you want and on how the cut it made. The cut on women goes far more towards the nose.
He said that, depending on how much he augmentates, he has to use a bone graft.

The results were good on both genders though. In the before they had literally no cheekbones after they had really prominent ones.

as for the chin wing, he can make the chin broader. I asked how much more width he can add to the jaw angles, he said depending on the existing bone structure up to 1 cm.

He suggested me to do a chin wing and to make my nose slimer (lol). He didn't really recommend me zygomatic osteotomy.

Mark505

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2015, 10:37:09 AM »
I asked for results on male patients and he had just a few. He said that the procedure is more asked by women.
I also asked if there's a risk for the cheekbones to turn out more feminine, he said that it depends on what exactly you want and on how the cut it made. The cut on women goes far more towards the nose.
He said that, depending on how much he augmentates, he has to use a bone graft.

The results were good on both genders though. In the before they had literally no cheekbones after they had really prominent ones.

as for the chin wing, he can make the chin broader. I asked how much more width he can add to the jaw angles, he said depending on the existing bone structure up to 1 cm.

effect of ZSO on eye area? Nothing, I guess?