Author Topic: Extremely good results ?  (Read 5264 times)

PloskoPlus

Re: Extremely good results ?
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2015, 04:51:04 AM »
How does that manifest itself?
Stiff, restricted, tight, "pulling" sensation that starts in the right part of the lip and spreads through the whole lip mucosa, front teeth.  Worse when I wear a retainer (I think it was worse when I still had braces).  Happens after talking a lot, swimming.  I thought maybe it's the infraorbital nerve, but I have full sensation in my cheeks.  I keep reading that post-LF1 nerve disturbance is very rare, and almost never permanent.  I really want to believe this, but at 8 months...

Rico

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2015, 06:28:59 AM »
From my experience the worst is "pulling"..at least for me. However in my case it's generally main issue +  very slight hypoasthesia / mild paresthesia (including very mild pain)  but all of these together make its very annoing especially for large area. Generally kinda 95-99% of normal nerve function. these is the only reason I'm trying decompression. More significant symptoms = for sure 0% chances. Now I have 1-10% :P (if a nerve won't be damaged too much) Hope dies last. Sometimes I think i'm crazy.. to do surgery to get additional 1-5% + all the risk

PloskoPlus which surgeon operated you ? (write here or PM) I will check (if possible) if he published anything about his practice in nerves regeneration in his patients in order to compare

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2015, 07:11:28 AM »
I have upper lip paraesthesia more than 7 months after surgery.  Long term upper lip disturbance is apparently really rare.  So it's just my luck.

Do you think it'll get better? Seven months isn't that long. Has there been any improvements?

01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

Rico

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2015, 07:45:39 AM »
The rule is the most improvement is for the first 6 months... after six months there is still regeneration , but it is the beginning of the end of the process... so if someone after 6 months still have moderate to big problem with feeling ,then unfortunately not low probality (of course it can be better) that some distirbuances will remain after 1-1.5y , where 1.5y is total max  ;(

Interesting is fact that first improvement begins from 3 months after surgery (in the case of damage more than neuropraxia) . Wallerian degeneration must occour first.

I wonder what he is gonna write

Plosko: You talking mostly about parathesias , etc. but Do you has significant loss of feeling in that places ?

and all of you please keep still in mind that nerve may not recover fully due to some mild compression inside bone - and that sucks

Nanorobotic only solution for all problems in future :)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 08:04:01 AM by Rico :) »

Mark505

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2015, 08:14:40 AM »
Stiff, restricted, tight, "pulling" sensation that starts in the right part of the lip and spreads through the whole lip mucosa, front teeth.  Worse when I wear a retainer (I think it was worse when I still had braces).  Happens after talking a lot, swimming.  I thought maybe it's the infraorbital nerve, but I have full sensation in my cheeks.  I keep reading that post-LF1 nerve disturbance is very rare, and almost never permanent.  I really want to believe this, but at 8 months...

f**k this, especially because PP was taken care with very good surgeon.

Rico

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2015, 09:10:50 AM »
Mark505:  you just want to tell us... that it's just a gamble. You can have more problems with nerves afterr surgery with very good surgeon and less problems with one supposed to be worse and vice versa ;) ?

terry947

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2015, 10:16:01 PM »
is there a scan that they could do that shows major nerves?

I think i saw a picture somewhere. its more detailed than a 3D ct

Rico

« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2015, 10:55:18 PM »
surgeons know where the nerves are....  only high-res MRI shows all nerves...
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 11:42:24 PM by Rico :) »