Author Topic: ZYGOMATIC OSTEOTOMY. PICTURES PLEASE  (Read 21251 times)

meeshi

Re: ZYGOMATIC OSTEOTOMY. PICTURES PLEASE
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2015, 01:12:21 PM »
No he didn't, he looks like the homeless guy you see on the news who's wanted for raping women.
ROFLMAO!

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2015, 05:37:34 PM »
No Rico, I'm not satisfied with the pics you posted. Post something better and more current.

Well I guess we're all gonna be guinea pigs. Someone who has had it done post pics.

Falcao is an asshole for not at least sharing a partial picture.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2015, 05:59:16 PM »
^PP, does your nose look different?
Yes, smaller from profile, a bit shorter from the front.  Perhaps a bit wider from the front with a bit more nostril show.  Pre-op it was curving to one side.  My surgeon offered to straighten it during surgery, but we both decided to put it off.  I just saw a PS about rhinoplasty, and he said that my nose is straight.  I guess it was curved because the right side of the maxilla was more recessed than the left pre-op.

Did they shave your anterior nasal spine during the surgery?
I don't know.  My tip went up, which is probably a good thing, as it was too droopy pre-op.  The downside of a shorter nose from the front, is that the lip *looks* longer (it's the same length, I measured it).  And I have a long lip.  Pre-braces, pre-surgery I was delusional enough to think my lip was short.  It was actually the proclined compensating upper teeth that made my lip curl, and the droopy nose tip helped hide the length.

I had mingy thin upper lip vermillion pre-op.  Post-op it came over the bottom and looks fuller.  I guess it looks normal now.  Maybe the VY plasty helped as well.  I don't like the long flat philtrum, however.

Alar cinch?
Yes.  Probably the only thing that hurt for the first few weeks, mainly when smiling or laughing.  The alar cinch makes the tip rise too much for the first few months.  Then as it dissolves over 3 months, the tip comes down.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 08:23:59 PM by PloskoPlus »

Mark505

« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2015, 12:32:13 PM »

ZSO, unofficially.

Rico

« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2015, 02:41:28 PM »
Lazlo.. perhaps I posted some others in past. I do not remember. Now I do not have time to search all webs

Talk to Mommaerts patients. There are here....

I think you demand too much.
Forget about getting a lot of online examples of any procedures on zygomatic bones (no implants)

Surgery is a little gamble. Just do it or forget.....and live

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2015, 10:35:36 PM »

ZSO, unofficially.

I mean these results look awesome. But what do you mean "unofficially" and who is the doctor?

molestrip

• Private
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2015, 10:36:15 PM »
Where'd you find those pics Mark? Made a big difference for her IMO but they're not symmetric. What did they look like 5 years out? I read that long term relapse is a big problem with ZSO. Same problem you have with jaw surgery, muscle wants to be where muscle wants to be. That's actually a reason why distraction osteogenesis isn't preferred I think, I was reading the relapse rates from MGH and it's much bigger than rigid internal fixation. I guess the plates still keep things together after healing.

Did you notice the nose btw? My wife has the same thing. Until this stupid jaw surgery came along, I never noticed it. It sticks out to one side. I would definitely get that fixed were it my nose. Looks like she did in the after.

Mark505

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2015, 03:24:38 AM »
I mean these results look awesome. But what do you mean "unofficially" and who is the doctor?
Where'd you find those pics Mark? Made a big difference for her IMO but they're not symmetric. What did they look like 5 years out? I read that long term relapse is a big problem with ZSO. Same problem you have with jaw surgery, muscle wants to be where muscle wants to be. That's actually a reason why distraction osteogenesis isn't preferred I think, I was reading the relapse rates from MGH and it's much bigger than rigid internal fixation. I guess the plates still keep things together after healing.

Did you notice the nose btw? My wife has the same thing. Until this stupid jaw surgery came along, I never noticed it. It sticks out to one side. I would definitely get that fixed were it my nose. Looks like she did in the after.

A 32 years woman with malar deficiency, No orthognathic surgery was performed in this case. The patient desired definition of the cheekbones with zygomatic sandwich osteotomy (ZSO) (left) preoperative view, note the triangular shape of she’s face; (right) 18 month postoperative view.

source: http://www.intechopen.com/books/a-textbook-of-advanced-oral-and-maxillofacial-surgery-volume-2/advanced-adjunct-orthosurgical-esthetic-prodedures

It's work of iranian surgeons, so apparently it's not dr. Z as I initially suspected.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 08:20:57 AM by Mark505 »

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2015, 08:45:30 PM »

Similar operations but I asked Dr Sinn about long-term stability and he told me that it's a very, very stable operation. Honestly, I'd be inclined to agree. You don't have big strong muscles like the masseters pulling on the malars and infraorbital rims so it should be more stable.
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

osteotomy

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2015, 02:51:26 AM »
Yeah heard about the relapse issue too today. The zygomatic muscles are very active when smiling (and help with chewing too), so of course there is a lot of force over the zygomatic arch too. Starting to get worried myself now.

Schrödingers Jaw

« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2015, 03:20:36 PM »
hi can someone explain to me what a S curve is?

I'm also interested.

Optimistic

• I am class I
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2015, 10:13:38 PM »
Yeah heard about the relapse issue too today. The zygomatic muscles are very active when smiling (and help with chewing too), so of course there is a lot of force over the zygomatic arch too. Starting to get worried myself now.

Heard about from who? If you're just echoing something on a forum it's useless. All doctors have stated it's an extremely stable procedure, and given sound reasons as to why.
01/10/14 - Last night I spilt spaghetti sauce on my chin for the very first time in my life and cried.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2015, 10:31:07 PM »
Heard about from who? If you're just echoing something on a forum it's useless. All doctors have stated it's an extremely stable procedure, and given sound reasons as to why.
Zygomas are fairly thin bones and no fixation is used. But then the muscles there are nothing like masseter muscles.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2015, 10:43:39 PM »
Zygomas are fairly thin bones and no fixation is used. But then the muscles there are nothing like masseter muscles.

what do you mean no fixations are used!? sinn uses fixation, it was apparent on earl's x-ray!!

PloskoPlus

« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2015, 11:06:38 PM »
what do you mean no fixations are used!? sinn uses fixation, it was apparent on earl's x-ray!!
His zygomas were simply moved together with the orbital rims and the hardware was used to fixate the rims.
Zo is different - the zygomas are reshaped - cut away and hinged out with some kind of graft put in the gap and left to heal like that.