Author Topic: e-mails to other patients  (Read 2574 times)

Rico

e-mails to other patients
« on: June 08, 2015, 06:13:11 AM »
I recently wrote email to a surgeon i;m gonna have surgery with.

I asked in the following way:

Dear Professor

I thought about one thing which could be little helpful for me to prepare to surgery
I spoke to some people who had surgery on jaw and all of them knows how to prepare, what to expect, etc
However none of them was case like me. So it was not helpful for me.

I Wonder. Are you able to give me 1 - 2 mails to your patients ( if you have such contacts), who underwent the same or similar surgery in past (of course if they agree)

Please answer when you will find a timeā€¦.

Kind Regards

and no response. Do you think most surgeons wouldn't answer me on such question?
I have to add this surgeon booked a surgery for me (but he did not ask about this) he just booked, and I did not argue, because it is booked on September.

I wonder if this is yellow light (warning) or not....

i can ask the same the second surgeon who is able do this surgery

I asked that, because It would be really nice to talk with at least one patient who underwent such surgery (on zygomatic bone - not common) and of course I would have possibility to ask how he is satisfied
I think it's clear

but I can't. Little strange. Booked surgery and no response. He used to reply to most of my messages.

What you think about such situation ?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 02:47:14 PM by Rico :) »

swisser

Re: e-mails to other patients
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2015, 12:56:22 PM »
No sane surgeon would do this - huge legal issues around answering a question like that.

Rico

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2015, 02:39:16 PM »
hmmm legal issues ?  why a surgeon can't just ask his patient to get permission ?   if this will be helpful

dantheman

• Private
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2015, 12:01:13 PM »
Overall it's just an inappropriate request of a surgeon. He might also see this question as wasting his time. Surgeons are busy. Not saying that it's right, but it's the way it is.

Rico

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2015, 03:25:00 PM »
yeah... legal issues (when a patient gives permission to share his mail contact).  give me a break..they are just afraid,that any new patient will be able to reach patients after botched surgeries

this is the point :)

of course + that they are busy..but they should be helpful as much as possible

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2015, 05:09:50 PM »
No one in their right mind would give patient info to you Rico because you'd harass them to death with your inane and incessant and pointless questions.

Gregor Samsa

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2015, 05:13:53 PM »
One of the surgeons I consulted with actually asked me if I wanted to get in contact with another patient that had the same procedure done. That's probably not legal without consent though.

Rico

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2015, 05:23:44 PM »
One of the surgeons I consulted with actually asked me if I wanted to get in contact with another patient that had the same procedure done. That's probably not legal without consent though.

that nice ...he has at least one satisfied patient :)

Rico

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2015, 01:24:20 AM »
No one in their right mind would give patient info to you Rico because you'd harass them to death with your inane and incessant and pointless questions.

LAZLO: no question is pointelss unless you can't answer - you can't

or if you can. would you mind finding those for me ?  http://jawsurgeryforums.com/index.php/topic,4613.msg36841.html#msg36841

stupidjaws

• CFO
  • The panic the vomit the yuppies networking
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2015, 01:21:40 AM »
rico is so Annoying.