Author Topic: Looking at this diagram's lower jaw surgery movement only...  (Read 2170 times)

Serra

• Private
Would you say it lengthen's a person's face?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Lazlo

• Private
Re: Looking at this diagram's lower jaw surgery movement only...
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 09:24:22 PM »
absolutely. but in a good way.

terry947

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2015, 04:24:28 PM »
Ya this is legit a CCW Rotation. Where did you get this from?

The after is waaaaaaaaaay better

Serra

• Private
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2015, 02:01:19 PM »
Ya this is legit a CCW Rotation. Where did you get this from?

The after is waaaaaaaaaay better

http://www.oralmaxsurgery.theclinics.com/cms/attachment/2021519088/2041454482/gr3_lrg.jpg

Yeah. I just wonder how much of an effect it has when then you do that mandibular movement without the maxilla being touched, which is what I had along with a genio.

molestrip

• Private
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2015, 10:19:02 PM »
It shortens the face because the mandibular angle decreases. Typically in cases like these a sliding genioplasty is needed too, to bring the chin forward and up a bit to be normal but sometimes small enough of a discrepancy it's not worth the extra morbidity. My plan is almost identical except my starting airway is 3x larger and I don't need the 3mm impaction. The latter property reduces my mandibular movement by 8-10mm, pretty crazy. Going to need a graft for a large movement like this. I wonder what the surgeon will do about that piece sticking out, shave it down I guess? The good news is that the lip thins with the advancement so that 7mm movement "should" have a net effect of only 3-4mm and the ANS is typically shaved to reduce tipping the nose however flaring of the nostrials is inevitable.

terry947

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2015, 10:42:47 PM »
regarding this diagram, isnt that kind of bsso risky? Is that an IVRO (i think thats what its called)?

Serra

• Private
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2015, 07:23:36 AM »
It shortens the face because the mandibular angle decreases. Typically in cases like these a sliding genioplasty is needed too, to bring the chin forward and up a bit to be normal but sometimes small enough of a discrepancy it's not worth the extra morbidity. My plan is almost identical except my starting airway is 3x larger and I don't need the 3mm impaction. The latter property reduces my mandibular movement by 8-10mm, pretty crazy. Going to need a graft for a large movement like this. I wonder what the surgeon will do about that piece sticking out, shave it down I guess? The good news is that the lip thins with the advancement so that 7mm movement "should" have a net effect of only 3-4mm and the ANS is typically shaved to reduce tipping the nose however flaring of the nostrials is inevitable.

Why does the lip thin? Why is this advantageous?

This is so confusing. Getting different answers again, just like with surgeons, if it decreases or increases the length.
Maybe the answer is both.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 07:44:03 AM by Serra »

Serra

• Private
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2015, 07:24:31 AM »
regarding this diagram, isnt that kind of bsso risky? Is that an IVRO (i think thats what its called)?

I had a rotational lower jaw movement like that but it wasn't an IVRO.