Author Topic: Need help, wanted to get a BSSO + Lefort 1 but. . .  (Read 946 times)

Jre4144

Need help, wanted to get a BSSO + Lefort 1 but. . .
« on: July 09, 2015, 07:31:21 AM »
So I had my braces removed 2 years ago and was wondering if it was still possible to get these surgeries even though I had my bite fixed by another orthodontist. I didn't know these surgeries existed and ran across pictures of before and after results of the BSSO/Lefort 1 surgery while I was looking for pictures of genioplasty results.

I've seen pictures of some people that got the surgery and some people had legit facial deformities while others had an under/overbite/recessive chin.

I would say for me I have a recessive chin and a slight overbite. it feels like my upper and lower mouth are deep in my face, lol I don't know if that makes sense. I feel if I got a lefort 1 it would move my upper mouth/lip forward making my big nose less pronounced since they only move the uppermouth forward in the surgery and keep the nose in the same place.
And with the Bsso to move the lower jaw forward and fix my bite and match the upper jaw and obviously because it makes the lower part of the face much wider than it was before which would be a cosmetic reason.

There's a picture I found online and the site was MgCannFacialDesign . com  a 21 year old got a Bsso,Lefort 1 and a genioplasty and the results were exactly what I was looking for, I fee like i'm in the same position as him and his before picture wasn't that bad.

Sorry for the rant, my questions basically are ..

- Can this surgery be done after you've had your teeth aligned with another orthodontist instead of the maxillofacial surgeon that does the actual Surgery ?

- Can it be done for cosmetic reasons since I don't have any real facial deformity besides a slight overbite and recessive chin/jaw ? Not really worried about the money as i've saved up for a while.

THANKS to anyone that can give me some information on this, i'd really appreciate it !!! :D