Author Topic: Post-op Are you considering more surgeries?  (Read 6324 times)

Tom2

Post-op Are you considering more surgeries?
« on: August 16, 2015, 05:52:26 PM »
As I progress forward,   I now find myself considering additional work - maybe jaw implants, maybe a little rhino, maybe a little lipo under the neck.....maybe butt or boob implants...

You know.....

It's like painting one room's ceiling in your house and realizing you have to paint them all now....

So what have you considered or done and tell us about it.....curious minds want to know...

(could never do boob implants....I'd never leave the house....)

PloskoPlus

Re: Post-op Are you considering more surgeries?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2015, 06:41:42 PM »
Yes.

jaimie007

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2015, 02:01:22 PM »
Not really :-X. I'm not a fan of cosmetic surgery unless it's to correct a serious condition  so it's not something I have ever considered . I also hate the plastic look , it reminds me of that story about that guy suing/divorcing his wife because he found her pre-cosmetic surgery photos (she had a lot)  ;D

Tom2

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2015, 07:04:57 PM »
I see your point....and as for the guy who divorced the woman after finding the photos.....I totally get that.

But...

I'mma old man.    Already married, already built a career and had kids.

I'm not tricking anyone or cheating the system.    I did it all the way I was born.    Now I just want some satisfaction.

I'm thinking jaw, sub malar, malar, maybe a nose.....   you know..   I'll be ready for the movies....babahahahahahaaaa
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 07:22:45 PM by Tom2 »

PloskoPlus

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2015, 07:12:34 PM »
Most cosmetic surgery looks crap.  More maxillofacial for me.

jaimie007

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2015, 08:06:00 PM »
I see your point....and as for the guy who divorced the woman after finding the photos.....I totally get that.

But...

I'mma old man.    Already married, already built a career and had kids.

I'm not tricking anyone or cheating the system.    I did it all the way I was born.    Now I just want some satisfaction.

I'm thinking jaw, sub malar, malar, maybe a nose.....   you know..   I'll be ready for the movies....babahahahahahaaaa

LOL! but if you're indeed an old man and happily married then what's the point? All that pain and recovery time ...I'd just take that money and go on  an extended vacation  :P ;D

Tom2

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2015, 08:24:48 PM »
Because I want the pretty girls to hold there look on me for just a moment longer.

Because I want to see something nice in the mirror before I kick off.

Because I want to see how the 'normal' people live and interact with each other.

Because I don't want to feel those assumptions people make because you look a certain way.

Because I'm still going on vacation anyways....

jaimie007

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2015, 08:50:32 PM »
I see what you mean , but "normal" is subjective  ;)    I  just despise discomfort , the fact that I have to wait a whole year to finally see how this mess will play out  is killing me  :o   

Tom2

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2015, 04:45:11 AM »
I had a hard time at one point accepting just how long recovery is.     

I've never been 'down' physically.     When I heard I would be back to work in a month, I internalized that as I would be good to go in a month.   When I went back to work after a month I was not, NOT, good to go.   I was struggling to talk, eat and be discomfort free.  Hell, I was in pain.     I ran across someone who had the surgery and they told me to 'give it 9 months'.    That was NOT what I wanted to hear and I was really regretting the surgery.     I was also dead set against any surgery ever again.....

Things change....

PloskoPlus

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2015, 05:17:36 AM »
I had a hard time at one point accepting just how long recovery is.     

I've never been 'down' physically.     When I heard I would be back to work in a month, I internalized that as I would be good to go in a month.   When I went back to work after a month I was not, NOT, good to go.   I was struggling to talk, eat and be discomfort free.  Hell, I was in pain.     I ran across someone who had the surgery and they told me to 'give it 9 months'.    That was NOT what I wanted to hear and I was really regretting the surgery.     I was also dead set against any surgery ever again.....

Things change....

It really must be the BSSO part of bimax.  I only had a LF1, I was completely back to normal in 3 weeks.  But here I am stuck with possibly permanent nerve damage.  Even steven, can't get ahead ever.

baldguy83

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2015, 07:07:05 AM »
Yep. Even though the maxillofacial work has already massively improved my looks I'm now looking to 'perfect' it with a rhinoplasty and otoplasty :)

jaimie007

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2015, 07:51:45 AM »
It seems like a lot of people undergo orthognathic surgery just to improve/change their look. In my case I didn't want my face changing , I just needed my bite corrected and the TMJ  gone. I keep thinking I made a mistake going through it. Nerve damage/ possibly wonky square face is  not worth it.

Tom2

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2015, 08:26:53 AM »
I needed the surgery for sleep apnea, over bite, over jet, unstable teeth and possible early tooth loss.

I wanted it so I could look nicer.     I didn't hate my face.     I hated how the world reacted to it.     

I can see a difference in how people react to me already.    I can see room for improvement but I also don't want to end up going too far......

Tom2

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2015, 10:07:20 AM »
I'll scrounge up some pre/post side profiles.      Its a big difference.    Not great - I've seen better but it was a big improvement for me.

Hard part is finding pre op pics.      I wasn't exactly looking to be in photos pre op.    Now I actually like them.    I'm currently sporting some facial hair - another thing I would never do before....  I also wear hats less often.     Can't wait for the braces to come off and see the smile results.  Maybe I'll start smiling for the first time since I was a kid.

Nataliepryor

• Private
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2015, 05:05:47 AM »
How long until braces come off?