Author Topic: Travelling to Dr Zarrinbal  (Read 7842 times)

ITALIA

Travelling to Dr Zarrinbal
« on: September 04, 2015, 06:12:04 PM »
Just wanted to say hi to everybody  :)

I might be a newbie here but not to PS and bone cutting procedures in general.   I'm based in London and I have a consultation arranged with Dr Zarrinbal for the end of this month.

If any one would be kind enough to share their experience on travelling to him, especially if you live outside Germany (I'm based in London) Info on what airport to go to and out how to get to  his office would be really appreciated.

Going forward, if any one wants advice on some of my experience with genios (I've had 2) I would be more than happy to share.

All the best.

ITALIA 

Gregor Samsa

Re: Travelling to Dr Zarrinbal
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2015, 07:02:04 PM »
I arrived at Tegel and first took a bus to Mesantis where I got my cone beam scans and then I took another bus from there that took me straight to Zarrinbal's clinic (the bus stopped right outside of it). If you go to Google Maps then you can plan your journey and see what buses or trains that you can take: https://maps.google.com

When it comes to buying a ticket I just bought a day ticket for the ABC zone (the AB zone might be all you need but I didn't want to risk anything). There's hardly any difference in cost between the two tickets anyway. You can buy a ticket from a machine outside of terminal A or from one of the ticket desks inside the main terminal: http://www.berlin-airport.de/en/travellers-txl/to-and-from/buses-and-trains/faq/index.php

skippy

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2015, 02:23:25 PM »
ITALIA

How did you manage to contact Zarrinbal? This guy don't reply on emails or phone calls, it's like he don't exist anymore.

ITALIA

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2015, 04:17:08 PM »
Hi Gregor,

Thanks for the advice.  Is it a long journey from the airport to the office?   I would like to do the whole thing in one day. So leave London in the morning have the consultation in the afternoon and then get the late plane back home.

SKIPPY,

I emailed first and heard nothing for a few weeks. I then called and spoke to one of the receptionists....She had limited English. She said they couldn't find my email and told me to send another one. A week went by and I heard nothing. I then called again and I must have spoken with another receptionist because her English was very limited. She told me to call back the following Tuesday.

Before I called again I got a reply to my second email from DR Z, and it went from there. Even with the emails it could take a few days to receive a reply.

Gregor Samsa

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2015, 04:36:47 PM »
Is it a long journey from the airport to the office?   I would like to do the whole thing in one day. So leave London in the morning have the consultation in the afternoon and then get the late plane back home.

It's less than one hour by bus. Google Maps says it's about 20 min by car. I left on the same day that I arrived when I went to see him.

Breakingbad

• Private
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2015, 12:59:55 AM »
Gregor Samsa, would you mind answering how much the cone-beam scans cost? I assume this is the basic scan that will be used for surgery planning.

Gregor Samsa

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2015, 02:09:46 AM »
Gregor Samsa, would you mind answering how much the cone-beam scans cost? I assume this is the basic scan that will be used for surgery planning.

It costs around 250 euro to get them taken at Mesantis Berlin.

Breakingbad

• Private
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2015, 03:25:42 AM »
Awesome, thanks for the info! Given the radiation though, I wonder if you'd you happen to know whether a regular cephalogram without the CBCT would be sufficient?

PloskoPlus

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2015, 03:52:51 AM »
Awesome, thanks for the info! Given the radiation though, I wonder if you'd you happen to know whether a regular cephalogram without the CBCT would be sufficient?
Cbct radiation is not much really.  And you definitely need one to trace the nerve if you want to get a chin wing.

skippy

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2015, 10:41:48 AM »
It costs around 250 euro to get them taken at Mesantis Berlin.
Zarrinbal told me it's 160€...

Gregor Samsa

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2015, 10:45:06 AM »
Zarrinbal told me it's 160€...

He told me the same thing but he is wrong. I know several people here who paid around 250 euro for the cone beam scan at Mesantis.

trojans101

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2015, 01:50:57 PM »
why are you getting more work done? were the genios not enough?

ITALIA

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2015, 02:41:10 PM »
hey,

I'm going tomorrow and I just wondered if a single bus will take me from Tegel airport all the way there?

zygotic

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2015, 12:05:38 PM »
Hi ITALIA

How did your appointment go? Would you know if Dr. Zarrinbal performs CCW rotation?

ITALIA

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2015, 03:47:25 PM »
Hi

I had my consultation yesterday. It went fine but I wished I asked more questions.

He would do a CO but wouldn't touch my lower face. He didn't suggest anything else so I don't think I would benefit from some of the other bone cutting procedures.

I saw Dr Dussen in London and he seemed to be more open to different procedures.

They both told I had to wait at least 3 months as I had a fat transfer to multiple areas of my face to fix asymmetry of a cheek implant and other things.

As I understand it, to benefit from a CO you need to have a good starting point with your cheeks. Is this true? If you have cheek implants would a cheek osteonomy be of benefit??