Author Topic: Which surgeon should I go to? Just consulted with Mr. Piet Haers...  (Read 4244 times)

MrMaybeRecessed

Hi guys!

Just had a consultation with Mr. Piet Haers in London. He was really nice and informative and had various ideas for fixing my problems. So far he seems the best that I have seen, but am wondering what your opinions are on him and his work, and also wondering who you personally recommend for surgery.

I am hoping to address concerns about the flatness of my cheekbones and strengthen and masculinize my jaw and chin. Dr. Haers recommended breaking the upper jaw and bringing it down and forward (I don't show much teeth when I smile) and a genioplasty on the lower jaw. Also improving my jaw angle. I may have the exact details wrong as I don't remember 100%. I was told that I may have slight scoliosis of the jaw as my left mandibular angle feels higher than my right (will see after he looks at X-Rays). My nose and chin are also on the left side of my face.

Here is a before and a morph that I did see what you think:

http://i.imgur.com/7tp63HU.jpg

I really favor prominent cheekbones and the hollow look, and a masculinized bone structure. Like:

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lizvclPCwm1qgmygp.jpg

Look forward to your recommendations :)

Gregor Samsa

Re: Which surgeon should I go to? Just consulted with Mr. Piet Haers...
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2015, 10:59:04 AM »
What are his plans to bring the midface forward? Upper jaw surgery alone won't be enough. I think a chin wing would be better for you than a genio.

MrMaybeRecessed

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2015, 11:15:38 AM »
What are his plans to bring the midface forward? Upper jaw surgery alone won't be enough. I think a chin wing would be better for you than a genio.

Well in before and afters he showed, patients had more midface definition just from moving the upper jaw forward. For the cheekbones this will probably be a different thing. I forgot some of the details but will be going over things more in-depth with him. I will ask him about the plans for bringing the cheekbones forward as this is my main concern in terms of cheeks.

With the Chin Wing, I heard results aren't really that noticeable, and the angle of the mandible can only be improved slightly. Probably couldn't achieve anything close to my morph unless multiple things were combined together.

I also want to send him some example pictures of models and classically masculine men which demonstrate my ideals so he understands better what I am looking for. I'm hoping that he doesn't think I'm insane lmao :D!

MrMaybeRecessed

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2015, 05:42:31 AM »
Do you guys know what surgery I would need to improve my mandible angle? I'm trying to decide between jaw surgery or custom implants. Was just reading around and it sounds like the mandible angle is difficult to improve without implants. Looks like chin-wing et. al give minimal results at best in terms of the angle.

Rico

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2015, 10:20:34 AM »
All I know is that for minor changes, for 50% you will have permamently damaged nerves in some degree