Author Topic: Bimax CCW + GENIO?  (Read 2109 times)

Lytric

Bimax CCW + GENIO?
« on: October 14, 2015, 10:49:03 AM »
Hi Everyone!!!
I am new and I've never posted to any similar forum before explaining my problem, but since I see here a lot of people with a lot of knowledge, I'd feel an idiot if I don't ask around here before going ahead with any sugery. Ok here we go. My situation is the following:
-I am a professional singer and I feel that my underdeveloped jaws are a handicap for my singing. I feel I don't have space for my tongue and my soft palate is too low. I sang for more than 15 years and I am 100% conscious of my oral movements: tongue, palate, jaws, eppiglottis and larynx.

-I have sinusitis, jaw tension, a moderate sleep apnea,snoring.

- I had braces and 4 premolars (2+2) removed 12 years ago. I am now 29.

-Due to the sinusitis and a deviated septum (broken nose). I had a nose job that corrected more or less as well my profile. Helped me to breath through the nose, but I still feel It's not very easy.

As you can see in my x ray, i believe I have underdeveloped and recessed jaws. My bite is good i think although too backwards.

Would an Bimax advancement + genio help me to improve this issues+ improve aesthethics? I am worried to end up with a huge upper lip. Now is very thick and i don't want it to protude more. I don't really know how a CCW could actually help my mouth to not protude and make my upper lip in a more vertical position. In addition I have small teeth and I think that doesn't help at all.

Thanks a lot for your help!!!

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 01:22:12 PM by Lytric »

Lytric

Re: Bimax CCW + GENIO?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2015, 12:18:52 PM »
Anyone??

terry947

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2015, 03:38:00 PM »
i'm not expert either but your occlusion angle seems good. for you I'd say a forward advancement is enough. Not sure if how your bite is but if you feel like you have a narrow smale or arch youd need some kind of expansion, if youre looking into surgical expansion you'd need SARPE a couple months before regular jaw surgery.

buzzhead

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2015, 06:26:19 PM »
I have recently read a study which showed that a two piece lefort 1 is as stable as a SARPE to widen the maxilla.  Seems that having the widening done as part of the advancement would be a better thing to do.  One less surgery.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2015, 08:41:09 PM »
i'm not expert either but your occlusion angle seems good. for you I'd say a forward advancement is enough. Not sure if how your bite is but if you feel like you have a narrow smale or arch youd need some kind of expansion, if youre looking into surgical expansion you'd need SARPE a couple months before regular jaw surgery.

Don't you need sarpe like at least a year before surgery?

terry947

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2015, 09:32:05 PM »
Not 100% sure. I think it's like 6-12 months before b

Lytric

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2015, 03:13:21 AM »
Hi!! Thanks for the reply, My bite is good i think, I don't think I have a very narrow palate, and I'm a bit afraid to lose cheekbones if i expand the palate and I get my jaws moved forward. I am concerned that If I get my jaws moved forward (both) my mouth would end up very protruding and my upper lip will look (i know its just an illusion) longer. I am not sure but it looks like my upper jaw its actually protuding a bit only in the lower part (where the teeth roots are). Omg there are too many things to consider!!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 03:33:32 AM by Lytric »

Lytric

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2015, 03:25:19 AM »
In addition, moving the jaw forward helps to improve the breathing-sinusitis problem, right?I guess that any forward movement will improve this as the tongue and palate will be further away from the larynx, but I am not sure if I'd benefit more if the jaws are also moved CCW...