Author Topic: There are no good options to improve the cheekbones for men  (Read 3298 times)

Schrödingers Jaw

There are no good options to improve the cheekbones for men
« on: November 10, 2015, 10:22:18 AM »
Zygos are very important but I've never seen any good outcomes of cheek implants on men. The zygomatic osteotomy doesn't seem very good either, according to this thread (http://jawsurgeryforums.com/index.php/topic,4878.0.html) it won't give enough projection. Now other than that there are fillers that can be placed on top of the cheekbone but those are temporary, expensive and if overdone can result in the typical Hollywood horror look if you know what I mean.

Look at it this way:

Say you have this skull:

Nonexistant cheekbones, bad bonestructure yes?

You want something like this:

Where the cheekbones have more mass and prominence (we also want them placed high up) but how does one achieve that?

An implant will just be a "lump" under the skin but it won't change the structure of the face. The cheekbone is connected to all sorts of muscles.

A ZO has potential but look at image "A" here

There just isn't enough bone mass to work with, and it won't raise the cheekbone either which is what we men want.

So, please, does anyone know how to go about this, or is it truly hopeless?

Lazlo

• Private
Re: There are no good options to improve the cheekbones for men
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2015, 01:09:53 PM »
yeah make the cut higher up to include the lower orbital rim as well as a good chunk of the malar bone. problem solved.

Schrödingers Jaw

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2015, 12:48:28 AM »
yeah make the cut higher up to include the lower orbital rim as well as a good chunk of the malar bone. problem solved.

Easier said than done, when you're that far up you're moving into lefort iii territory.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2015, 01:09:23 AM »
Easier said than done, when you're that far up you're moving into lefort iii territory.

Earl had it done. Search around on this thread and look at quadrangular lefort II that's basically what we're talking about.

terry947

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2015, 01:42:11 AM »
Lazlos right. The cut has to be made higher to incLude the orbital rim. Though I wonder what happens to the shape of the eye if one were to move the bottom and side of the orbital rim outward. Would it stretch the the soft tissue creating space on the corner or the eyes.

Schrödingers Jaw

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2015, 09:46:52 AM »
Lazlos right. The cut has to be made higher to incLude the orbital rim. Though I wonder what happens to the shape of the eye if one were to move the bottom and side of the orbital rim outward. Would it stretch the the soft tissue creating space on the corner or the eyes.

In case of an osteotomy: no. It would be fixated with screws most likely and the gap would fill with bone tissue. I have bad orbitals so following in Earls fotsteps would be the way to go. What's holding me back is the fact that I am unsure on the risks and wether or not any doctor would perform it on me.

I guess I could ask Earls surgeon.