General Category > Emotional Support

Surgery on Wednesday ...oh f... :)

(1/3) > >>

Rico:
So it begins....at last

surgery in 2 days.....i can't say i'm calm, but i'm not in panic state

even i'm more irritated, cause after prolonged antibiotic course i have slightly irritated ass (flora damaged) :P I need fluconazole for a 2-3 days, but I can't take it :P
even after surgery probably i won't get it.. fluconazole has extreme number of interactions.. in emergency, when additional procedure needed it might be a problem

i wonder what will be more annoyed for me slight pain in the ass or pain on the face :P

Lazlo:
good luck brah!

chinnychinchin:
Are you taking probiotics?

sherrifrob:
I had mine on Friday, it's not fun but not as bad as I expected.

Tips #1: take something to write on - Nurses come & go & forget stuff so having a note pad helps. It definitely happened a few times where they handed me pills to take when I am obviously in no position to do that.

Tip #2: Phentinil or codeine on an empty stomach lead to really bad nausea. The pain wasn't that bad but when the drugs make you sick, that is really unpleasant. They can give you anti-nausea but its an injection so with the codeine, if you need it take it slowly over time. I tried just 1ml this afternoon when I got home & even with a juice drink on my stomach I still felt blurgh.

I hear day 4 or 5 are the worst generally so I'm just focusing on getting those out of the way. I look like a melon so it would be great if the swelling went down too.

Good luck!

terry947:
good luck rico! keep us posted!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version