Author Topic: Re: Surgery with Gunson  (Read 15804 times)

Marisama

• Private
Re: Surgery with Gunson
« Reply #120 on: March 23, 2013, 12:13:18 PM »
Hey everyone.  I just wanted to give an update on my recovery.  I am now 4 months post-op.  Surgery seems like a distant memory now.  I was cleared for regular diet last week.  As soon as I left the surgeon's office, I went straight to the highest rated burger place on Yelp in Santa Barbara.  Eating regular foods really makes a big difference in my energy levels and overall well being.  I feel close to normal again.  I can still definitely tell that I had surgery.  I have a decent amount of scar tissue around the suture sites.  I still don't have full range of motion yet either.  It's hard to describe the restrictive feeling around my mouth.  It's kind of like the feeling you get when you've been in really cold weather and you can't move your mouth properly.  It's feels a bit delayed.  I hope that makes sense.  I'm hopeful that it will continue to get better in the next couple of months.  I really want to be able to speak clearly without any issues.  My TMJ issues have pretty much been resolved.  I no longer have pain, headaches, or clicking.  My bite is solid.  Orthognathic surgery was the best decision I've ever made, hands down.

My orthodontist said that I should only have about 2 more months in braces so that puts me at 6 months post-op.  The day my braces come off, I'm planning on getting some cosmetic dental work done to fill in the gaps next to my laterals.  I'm excited to have this entire journey in my rear view mirror.  I'm happy to answer any questions.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 01:25:28 PM by Marisama »

CK

• Private
Re: Surgery with Gunson
« Reply #121 on: March 23, 2013, 05:04:08 PM »
can you further describe this delay you have? i get the weather analogy, that's how my lower lips and corners of my mouth. slower response and more difficult to control when communicating.

is this what you are experiencing?