Author Topic: prolonged Infraorbital nerve compression / overlooked zygomatic fracture  (Read 2380 times)

Rico

Hi

I have overlooked minor zygomatic fracture 2.5 years ago....very little deformation which I didn't noticed first for over 2 years ;) strange
 and prolonged little compression of the infraorbital nerve... cheeak area, lowe eyelid, side of nose, and upper lip - 90% of normal feeling
the rest 10% is little pain, parasthesias, itching when touch etc..

Many Doctors say that for sure, there will NOT be any further recover after decompression procedure after so much time
some others Doctors say that there is little chance
and other that this is a  gamble...my neuroligist says that she has seen some patients with longer minor compression and 100% feeling returned

so I don't know what to think
problem with feeling in this area is very annoying and makes me very nervous and anxious

I'm from Europe. 
Has anyone had similar problem ?

which clinic you can recommend to perform foraminotomy/osteotomy/decompression/hydroxyapatite solid implant augumentation  ?
perhaps I need consultation with maxillofacial and neuro - surgeon ?

this is jawsurgery.... but I can't find any forum about zygomatic fractures?  do You know any ?

Waiting for any idea....

pekay

Prof Maurice Mommaerts, he is a cosmetic, oral & maxillofacial and craniofacial surgeon

http://www.mauricemommaerts.eu/en/mommaerts.aspx
Chopsticks > Spoons