Author Topic: Depressed ... Regretting Surgery I look like a chimp freak now ... Underbite LF1  (Read 29129 times)

schrodinger

Sorry to hear that man. I would give it longer though: even if you do not see it you must still have a lot of swelling. Take it easy and let go of it for a few months. I know that's difficult when you're having regrets but you'll have a better idea a few months from now.

PloskoPlus

If you're not completely satisfied 4 weeks post op, you'll never be. Having said that, I would not rush into a revision. Chin wings have a tendency to relapse some. Wait 12 months.

ben from UK

The problem with me is that i have a chin implant with sides as well. It was concluded before surgery that this would be shaved down during surgery. I already knew before surgery, that if not shaved down, in combination with the cw, it would look too big overall. Without the implant and previous surgeries, the cw wouldn't be a problem. I'm frustrated it wasn't shaved down. I understand that there is a higher chance of bone resorption if you detach the soft tissue to shave the implant, but before the surgery, the surgeon said he would 100 percent do the shaving. So, I based my decision on this information and agreement. The surgeon told me afterwards he didn't do the shaving. This should simply have been told to me beforehand, not afterwards. If beforehand, he would have told me that there is a small chance he could do the shaving and he would base his decision during the surgery, or he could only do it 3 or 6 months after the cw, I would have had complete information. I'm not buying a television or a soccerball, this is my face, i need complete information, and i think that is a reasonable expectation.

So the problem almost 4 weeks post op is not swelling. The structure is too big because of the implant (and also partially soft tissue excess). I do not need a cw revision, I only need additional shaving of the chin implant + sides. Is this possible 3 months after cw? No new bone cut is needed.

On a sidenote, i would highly recommend people to not get implants. Jaw implants have the tendency to bloat up the soft tissue, especially silicone implants don't look natural and there is easily overcorrection. With cw and genio, overcorrection often doesn't take place, cause of the smooth soft tissue that wraps around the bone. I think overcorrection with osteotomy, from what i see, often takes place with women. Women don't need big jaws and chin but more of an oval/hartshape form, and cw can in some cases make a women's jaw/jawline too wide, but this is only my opinion, maybe i'm wrong.

If you do need an implant though, i would recommend to be conservative in the amount of width, or probably use medpor which looks less unnatural. But overall, implants caused me alot of problems aestethically, although i have to admit that i'm partially to blame with that, cause i revised it three times, while i should have accepted the second revision, which didn't look completely natural, but was within the range of something acceptable, looking back. With the third implant revision, the bloated face and extreme overcorrection was back. The only advantage silicone implants have is that you can take them out, although with me it caused the masseters to retract, causing a slight masseter bulge.

So overall, if i didn't have the chin implant with sides (i had wrap around before, but they took out jaw implant part), the cw would look ok. Now, it's not ok, not natural and lean. I hope by correcting the chin implant, a natural harmony comes back. Taking out the implant completely will probably cause sagging soft tissue and witch chin, so that's mnot an option.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 03:45:14 AM by ben from UK »