Author Topic: Surgeons in San Diego  (Read 1727 times)

fangletooth

Surgeons in San Diego
« on: February 03, 2016, 03:36:48 PM »
Anyone have any good experiences with orthognathic surgeons in San Diego? I was originally planning to go with Arnett and Gunson, but I've come to the realization that they may be a bit outside of my price range...

A point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

toddstratt

Re: Surgeons in San Diego
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 12:14:19 AM »
I was just looking into a very competent surgeon based right out of San Francisco named McGann, here is his site. I had the exact same issue as you, I really want to get work done with Arnett in Santa Barbara but it is just too damn expensive. McGann works with insurance to offer the best coverage your health insurance will provide.

mcgannfacialdesign(dot)com

-Todd

fangletooth

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2016, 10:13:23 AM »
His before/after pics seem great, and his credentials are top notch. I'll go ahead and schedule an appointment. Thanks for the recommendation!

kjohnt

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2016, 01:05:08 AM »
His before/after pics seem great, and his credentials are top notch. I'll go ahead and schedule an appointment. Thanks for the recommendation!

Please provide an update when you have one... I'm interested to know about his consultation process, pricing, technique, etc.!

fangletooth

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2016, 04:40:25 PM »
kjohnt,

Just had the consult a couple of weeks ago. Nice office. Dr. McGann seemed very knowledgeable and understanding of my expectations. He did not take a ceph. He used calipers instead, as well as some dental x-rays that I provided. He then goes through potential surgical options, taking into account his measurements and your expectations. From that, the office gave me a price estimate for the procedure. $12000 for lefort 3 + bsso (I'm getting a lefort 1, but they wanted to overestimate). All in all, it was a good experience, and I decided to go with him.

Also, he works with invisalign, which is a plus because I am in the middle of invisalign treatment.

latinboy7

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2016, 06:20:42 AM »
fangletooth,

Thanks for the info. When are you getting your surgery done? Could you come back and tell about the results?

-toddstratt: did you or will you also have surgery with Dr. McGann? or was it only a suggestion?

I'm also looking for a good surgeon right now. I have no insurance, just savings...

Thanks!