Author Topic: Is this much maxillary impaction possible?  (Read 2099 times)

RedLips

Is this much maxillary impaction possible?
« on: March 14, 2016, 09:42:45 PM »
Here are the morph pictures I did: http://imgur.com/a/AWE0D

I'm getting Invisalign braces and TADs this month. I'm 24, so I know I'm mostly fully grown. But if I did have an orthognathic surgery, would this much change in the midface be possible? I just want a smaller midface.

strongjawman

Re: Is this much maxillary impaction possible?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 09:55:09 PM »
Do you have a gummy smile?

meepmeepmeep

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 12:24:17 AM »
hmmm. it looks fairly unrealistic to me. that would be amazing though!

it looks like you shortened your nose/moved the subnasion up several millimeters. impaction can broaden the base of the nose (nostrils), but just like a breast lift can't change the anatomical placement of the breast crease, i am fairly sure that even ccw rotation of the jaws and maxillary impaction similarly cannot vertically relocate the base of the nose like it looks like you have done in this morph. and obviously a lip lift would be required to achieve anything close to this as well.

but you also have to realize (it has been pointed out to you many times on this forum) that the original photo of you is significantly distorted because it was taken with a cellphone camera and very, very close up. 

also, i saw your "rate me" on reddit and you were not rated average to slightly below average. if i remember correctly you were consistently rated in the 6 to 8 range.

RedLips

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2016, 04:51:05 AM »
hmmm. it looks fairly unrealistic to me. that would be amazing though!

it looks like you shortened your nose/moved the subnasion up several millimeters. impaction can broaden the base of the nose (nostrils), but just like a breast lift can't change the anatomical placement of the breast crease, i am fairly sure that even ccw rotation of the jaws and maxillary impaction similarly cannot vertically relocate the base of the nose like it looks like you have done in this morph. and obviously a lip lift would be required to achieve anything close to this as well.

but you also have to realize (it has been pointed out to you many times on this forum) that the original photo of you is significantly distorted because it was taken with a cellphone camera and very, very close up. 

also, i saw your "rate me" on reddit and you were not rated average to slightly below average. if i remember correctly you were consistently rated in the 6 to 8 range.

ThanksI re-did it without moving the nose and added it to the album. I also added some "dream morphs" there. Basically, I want to fix my face to make it look more conventionally pretty. And yes, I know I definitely need a lip lift. I was thinking maybe a lip lift suspension might help at first so as to not do anything drastic or permanent in case I hate it.

(I thought 6 was average/a bad score.)

RedLips

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2016, 04:52:23 AM »
Do you have a gummy smile?

Yes, I definitely do! I'm getting TADs and Invisaligns to fix that, but I was hoping those braces could achieve some maxillary impaction (thus shortening my midface without surgery.) I think I might still need surgery for that, though.

Ginger

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2016, 05:25:47 AM »
Hey RedLips, in your other post you said the ortho said the tads would impact you 2 millimeters. If your going that route, why are you doing these exaggerated morphs? Focus on some realistic morphs of the plan you're going with... 2 millimeter impaction.

RedLips

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2016, 07:39:00 AM »
Hey RedLips, in your other post you said the ortho said the tads would impact you 2 millimeters. If your going that route, why are you doing these exaggerated morphs? Focus on some realistic morphs of the plan you're going with... 2 millimeter impaction.

Because now I'm thinking surgery might be worth it if I'm only getting 2 millimeters otherwise