Author Topic: Would a jaw surgery shorten the midface significantly?  (Read 5381 times)

RedLips

Would a jaw surgery shorten the midface significantly?
« on: March 29, 2016, 05:35:57 AM »
Hi, all.

I'm mostly concerned with my long midface area (eyes to lips distance) because I've had several doctors measure it and tell me it was on the long side of things.

I recently went to a maxillofacial surgeon who recommended a double jaw surgery to fix minor asymmetries in my jaw and to give me more of a chin (sliding genioplasty.) This is my face as is (after cheek and lip and chin fillers, which I had done a few weeks ago): http://imgur.com/i93q2sP

The problem is that the doctor didn't show me any projections of what the FRONT of my face would look like post-surgery. He showed me the side/profile, but the before and after pics barely look different in those.

Can the surgery help me achieve results like this? http://imgur.com/1ooKfmG (http://imgur.com/aAnjET6)

Or should I just get rhinoplasty?

Tezcatli

Re: Would a jaw surgery shorten the midface significantly?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 11:58:19 AM »
You do not need rhinoplasty.

If your maxilla is vertically long(do you have a gummy smile?) jaw surgery can reduce it, a combination of maxillary impaction and mandibular counterclockwise rotation will give the best results as your chin will sit higher like in the morph. However you most likely would need a lip lift after it because soft tissue mostly remains in place. Maybe a genio could reduce 1 or 2mm of your chin vertically if it advances it horizontally.

All in all your long face is mostly the long upper lip/philtrum, so maxillary impaction and lip lift.

meepmeepmeep

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2016, 02:03:43 PM »
in the first image you look beautiful. period. end of story. your face is not long but rather round and feminine and possibly model material. and thats with smeared makeup, bedhead hair and mild asymmetries that we ALL have (even the most beautiful women - check out rosie huntington whitley's eyes) this photo looks to me like the ONLY photo you have posted on this site that was not taken at selfie length which means that it is probably a more realistic portrayal of what look like in person. in the second photo your face looks long, yes. but again its another selfie that is quite distorted. if you are trying to surgically alter your face so that you look your best in selfies rather than in person then i think you really need to reconsider your priorities.

strongjawman

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2016, 08:27:14 PM »
Youre gave doesnt look long at all lol. Also it seems very few people understand how different camera lenses work and the distance a photo is taken affects the perceived length.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2016, 09:00:16 PM »
wow with the fillers you are model material. You're gorgeous.

Can i ask how much the fillers cost? And how old you are?

RedLips

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2016, 04:45:59 AM »
I'm hardly model material, but thank you.

Here are pictures of all the changes I've done: http://imgur.com/a/Ls99I

And here I calculated prices and hours spent:

lip filler
cost: $500 (on sale) for 1 syringe
time: ~15 minutes
duration: ~one year

chin and cheeks filler
cost: $2,397 for 3 syringes
time: ~30 minutes
duration: ~2 years

Botox
cost: $80 for 8 units
time: ~10 minutes
duration: ~one year

eyelash extensions
cost: $120
time: ~one hour
duration: 2-3 weeks

hair dye
cost: $450 for bleaching and first dye job, $500 for color correction
time: 12 hours
duration: ~six weeks (until roots become unbearable)

hair extensions
cost: $1400
time: 3 hours
duration: 3-4 months

Future goals:
eyebrow tinting
Botox in eyebrows (because they're asymmetrical)
jaw surgery

Total money spent: $5,447 (excluding tips)
Total time spent: ~17 hours

ditterbo

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2016, 05:28:00 AM »
What do you mean you can't smile like a normal person?  Which surgery might have caused that?

RedLips

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2016, 11:31:51 AM »
What do you mean you can't smile like a normal person?  Which surgery might have caused that?

Oh, that was just a joke. I just don't like to smile.

RedLips

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2016, 11:45:25 AM »
Very good job with the fillers,
get a better hair dresser and try to have highlight and low lights. Even better: An elegant ombre look. It makes you look more sophisticated and
is an "expensive look" ;)
Hair, skin and teeth make all the difference. So if you want to improve your look even more, get your teeth done.

Thanks! The hair definitely didn't turn out the way I would have liked, but I'll deal with it a few months. I did want something more natural, but I didn't want to look like myself anymore.

When you say to get my teeth fixed, what do you mean? Braces? Veneers?

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2016, 03:50:45 PM »
Red Lips you're so pretty.

Definitely look AMAZING after the fillers. Can you get a permanent version of the same thing? Who is your doc? I think s/he is VERY VERY talented I'd like to see the same doc myself. Maybe PM me?

I think you could get some of those results from PS and save a lot of money --if it costs like almost 3 grand for all that juvederm and botox I'd just go in for a genioplasty on you for sure. I don't know if double jaw surgery would actually help. Maybe a modified lefort 3 to give the cheekbones that pop you get from the juverderm.

Otherwise everything looks so natural and great in you. You're like a little princess. Gorgeous.  :-*

april

• Private
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2016, 08:39:55 AM »
I think your teeth look fine.

You are gorgeous.

I know the hair struggle girls. I am very dark brown naturally (darker than you) but have been going blonde for years. My hair is really damaged now though... but what can I do? It's the price I pay for wanting blonde. I use expensive after-care (Kerastase) but it's still porous and breaking off. I know the damaged hair is affecting the way I look. But ugh, I still look better blonde + damaged, than my natural colour. I've started using http://www.olaplex.com/- does your hair colourist use that? If not, I'd suggest finding someone who does! It's extra $$, but supposedly stops the damage.

I'm thinking of getting hair and eyelash extensions too. Everyone I know has eyelash extensions now.

I think you look gorgeous as a brunette anyway (you lucky thing! :-*)

So are those estimated duration of fillers accurate?

Isabella, how long did your fillers last?

RedLips

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2016, 05:36:43 PM »
I think your teeth look fine.

You are gorgeous.

I know the hair struggle girls. I am very dark brown naturally (darker than you) but have been going blonde for years. My hair is really damaged now though... but what can I do? It's the price I pay for wanting blonde. I use expensive after-care (Kerastase) but it's still porous and breaking off. I know the damaged hair is affecting the way I look. But ugh, I still look better blonde + damaged, than my natural colour. I've started using http://www.olaplex.com/- does your hair colourist use that? If not, I'd suggest finding someone who does! It's extra $$, but supposedly stops the damage.

I'm thinking of getting hair and eyelash extensions too. Everyone I know has eyelash extensions now.

I think you look gorgeous as a brunette anyway (you lucky thing! :-*)

So are those estimated duration of fillers accurate?

Isabella, how long did your fillers last?

Thank you <3

Yes, the hair stylist used Olaplex! He said that's basically the reason my hair didn't just break off and fall out. I'm not 100% committed to the blond (I think it makes me look very pale), but I wanted to try something new.

I'm not sure about the duration of the fillers. Honestly, I'm not sure I'll even know what to look for in terms of knowing when I need to redo it.

I love my hair extensions! They make me feel like Rapunzel.

meepmeepmeep

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2016, 06:08:17 PM »
You really look beautiful. Your doctor did amazing things with the filler/botox. I like your natural hair color and it looks like you had nice length naturally as well! Your figure is lovely! How tall are you? You look above average in height. I really think you are very model-eque! You look eastern European and very feminine. But the selfie length really distorts your face so just have your friends snap pics of you instead and enjoy your new look! Also, go easy on the nose contour. It's too dark.