Author Topic: Advice for failed orthodontic treatment.  (Read 1425 times)

J_M_H_1993

Advice for failed orthodontic treatment.
« on: April 09, 2016, 02:24:19 AM »
Thread was removed. Nobody posted :(

« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 12:15:47 PM by J_M_H_1993 »

thinkingme

Re: Advice for failed orthodontic treatment.
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2016, 02:49:14 AM »
oral appliances cant be used on 16 year. It wont work on skeletal problem. But he could say u ''choose surgery or extraction''. A lot of people here have same problem. Going ortho for straighten teeths and they worsen jaw harmony.

J_M_H_1993

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2016, 02:54:50 AM »
Yeah I hear that its too late at 16 for appliances from orthodontists , and then I get the opposite story from dentists that practice in appliances, such as "your bone is soft and can be moved even after puberty with appliances." its interesting to get conflicting evidence.

thinkingme

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2016, 05:11:21 AM »
they are dentist bro. they dont extract my teeths but they just protrude them. Maybe im lucky if i go ortho they extract my teeth but i want to say ur jaw harmony not so bad. Maybe they can do augmentation both jaws. Did u consult with any surgeon?

and ur neck so wide aand connected to chin like mine. I dont know its genetic or something about posture.

J_M_H_1993

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2016, 11:51:49 AM »
they are dentist bro. they dont extract my teeths but they just protrude them. Maybe im lucky if i go ortho they extract my teeth but i want to say ur jaw harmony not so bad. Maybe they can do augmentation both jaws. Did u consult with any surgeon?

and ur neck so wide aand connected to chin like mine. I dont know its genetic or something about posture.

I did talk to a few surgeons by cold calling them, many didn't see it fit to continue offering suggestions .  I do have a wider neck, but I don't think this is 100% the issue. A genioplasty was suggested once, but I think that would just give me a witch's chin look. I am in central wisconsin, so the healthcare may not be the best in this rural area and I'm a little leery of most practicing oral surgeons here.

Supposedly my symptoms are common this the premolar extraction technique? (flat face, breathing issues, complications later on in life, poor profile because the mandible was pushed back)?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 12:26:54 PM by J_M_H_1993 »