Author Topic: who here had HA paste to the orbital rims  (Read 4162 times)

earl25

who here had HA paste to the orbital rims
« on: April 17, 2016, 12:34:46 PM »
im considering it for more augmentation under the eye and brow.

Lazlo

• Private
Re: who here had HA paste to the orbital rims
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2016, 02:13:40 PM »
im considering it for more augmentation under the eye and brow.

i'm talking to sinn about doing that as well.

Rico

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2016, 04:27:16 PM »
you're risking motor nerve damage when it comes to brow....

any surgeon is able to avoid that in that place?

again Sinn I so regret I didn't choose him. It sounds like he is really superior

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2016, 05:17:10 PM »
RICO you have no evidence of that. Okay? Stop chiming in on things that are irrelevant to you.

boyo

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2016, 05:29:04 PM »
dr. Z told me HA paste is garbage because it often don't turn out symmetrically and it's almost impossible to remove after some time. He did mention some kind of material used in dental work which may be used.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2016, 05:53:52 PM »
dr. Z told me HA paste is garbage because it often don't turn out symmetrically and it's almost impossible to remove after some time. He did mention some kind of material used in dental work which may be used.

Bio-oss?

boyo

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2016, 05:23:17 PM »

Bio-oss?

that may be it, but i'm not completely sure. He was talking about them coming in large blocks, which he could carve out and fit your face. Would be easy to remove in case of infection, in contrast to HA paste and Medpor implants which were hellish.

falcao

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2016, 02:47:57 AM »
Z talked to me about bio-oss as well. He said basically the product is under patent protection so he couldn't say about how it is improved material compared to HA, but in his experience he would expect less complications with it. I talked to a a Spanish surgeon who uses it as well. He stopped using HA long time ago and feels more comfortable using bio-oss in terms of long-term safety. So, I have feedback about bio-oss from two surgeons.

After having lived a major infection from HA and ending up in hospital, I would avoid it, at least the type the butcher Mommaerts in Brussels uses, especially would avoid it in the orbital area. Z definitely said he's seen many cases with HA infections and it's complicated and expensive to remove. I know from personal experience. It would be good to clarify what type the butcher uses, as many people understand different things when they refer to HA. The type the butcher uses is definitely s**t.

PloskoPlus

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2016, 04:25:31 AM »
My surgeon said it's only useful for building up dental arches before placing dental implants.

falcao

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2016, 06:15:18 AM »
My surgeon said it's only useful for building up dental arches before placing dental implants.

Well, that's the label use and that's what's he's read. He doesn't know any better (no disrespect to your surgeon). But then there's off-label: there are surgeons out there who use it for augmentation as I said above and I've spoken to two already. I don't know how successfully it resolves cosmetic issues, but according to Z it's a reasonable option where autologous grafting is not possible.

To make an analogy for you: there is no approved filler for the under-eye area in US or anywhere for that matter. Using fillers like Restylane to treat that area is strictly off-label and you'll find hundreds of injectors who will warn you against it. That doesn't mean it's  not used for the under-eye area on a daily basis by hundreds, thousands of injectors world-wide. I've had it injected twice in my under-eye area so far.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2016, 10:01:28 AM »
if it can be used to build up dental arches it can be used for orbital rims or anything else. and yeah it can come in big square blocks.

earl25

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2016, 08:03:00 PM »
Z talked to me about bio-oss as well. He said basically the product is under patent protection so he couldn't say about how it is improved material compared to HA, but in his experience he would expect less complications with it. I talked to a a Spanish surgeon who uses it as well. He stopped using HA long time ago and feels more comfortable using bio-oss in terms of long-term safety. So, I have feedback about bio-oss from two surgeons.

After having lived a major infection from HA and ending up in hospital, I would avoid it, at least the type the butcher Mommaerts in Brussels uses, especially would avoid it in the orbital area. Z definitely said he's seen many cases with HA infections and it's complicated and expensive to remove. I know from personal experience. It would be good to clarify what type the butcher uses, as many people understand different things when they refer to HA. The type the butcher uses is definitely s**t.

do you know how the butcher mixed your ha paste? does he use clotting agent and blood?

Bobbit

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2016, 09:51:34 PM »

Ah... that make no sense at all.   

By definition IF IT IS PATENTED - -   then everything about it is fully disclosed.   One has to disclose the details as to how to actually "make"  the invention in order to get the patent!!!

That is why Coca Cola   is a TRADE SECRET - -  .

earl25

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2016, 06:27:46 AM »

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2016, 11:44:56 AM »
This seems concerning
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11374460

why? the conclusion is that it "does NOT" carry a risk of transmitting.