Author Topic: Chance for an free bimaxillary, need some consultation advice  (Read 639 times)

smirnoff

Hey

First some stats:
Male, 20 yrs.
Sweden.

I'll keep it short, I have an jaw/bite consultation in the beginning on may. I have been looking in to jaw surgery for a while and it's incredible how much the jaw autonomy and symmetry impacts the facial attractiveness. I would guess it's because it's one of the easiest ways to determined great genes. With this I mean that the jaw says a lot about the status both hormonally and genetically about an person. And as we know, so is all plastic surgery made to make us look more genetically gifted then we really are.

It was about 2 years ago during an a school vs school American football competion when I got my jaw "blown out" by a hit. The xrays at the hospitals showed that I had stretched/slightly damaged where the head of the mandible connects on the right side. No fracture, but 2 month of pain while eating. Since then it's been like normal.

Had an yearly check at my dentist about 2 months ago, I mentioned the accident and asked some question. She saw some info about the accident in my journals and agreed to send an referral. I've got all the papers about a week ago (information and a question sheet) and it's easy to see where we going with this. An free an free bi-maxillary could be an option if i play my cards right, I know how the health care works here in Sweden, it's hard to get in but once your in the system everything is possible (without any cost of course).
As I said so isn't the jaw accident effecting me today but it helped me to get me to were I'm at now in the process.

Bite/jaw status at the moment:
Correct aliment of the teeth.
Medium overbite (Have previously had invisalign, correct the alignment but also improved my overbite.)
Slight crossbite
Medium (+) dominant jaw, but a bit recessive in profile.

What I will press on,
The slight crossbite
The recessive jaw, cousing tight air ways and sleep apnea (Which my father have)
Still having pain from the accident, because of lack of stability of the jaw. (lie)

I will do everything I can to get this OPl, I mean we talk about an operation worth 30 k usd+ in USA.

I'll update with some pics later