Author Topic: Make me handsome  (Read 3467 times)

korsak

Make me handsome
« on: May 01, 2016, 11:37:27 AM »
As the title says, what would I need to have done to be really handsome besides losing facial fat?

http://imgur.com/a/8TbtI

Tell me if you need more pics

marcus3415

Re: Make me handsome
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 11:40:22 AM »
Chin implant or genio would look good. Probably all
You need

Vic

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2016, 11:48:34 AM »
Nothing wrong with you mate

Dharma

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2016, 12:02:17 PM »
Agreed--I think you're good to go as is.  A genio/chin implant would balance your profile but its not going to change the world for you I don' think.  If you're on this site asking about cosmetic changes, I imagine you likely feel the cost/risk to benefit ratio is worth it.  Tread carefully but confidently.  Good luck!     

ditterbo

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2016, 01:07:34 PM »
Just to hammer it home some more, you're looking at chin augmentation.  You already look great.  I could see maybe you have some insecurity with the profile, since you're on a jaw surgery forum and all, but it's so minor of a recession you can get away with camouflage treatment and not look back.

Tezcatli

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2016, 03:42:42 PM »
Chin implants work best when you have a flat chin, you already have the proper shape of a chin but it is way back. Ideally we would need smiling pictures to see your bite. You are probably a skeletal class II, only jaw surgery can really solve your problem.

For example, that guy on the before

See how his chin had no shape, that is the ideal candidate for an implant.

But yes, a genio or chin implant will give you some kind of camouflage.

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2016, 10:02:37 PM »
you're decent looking enough. you have a long space between your nose and upper lip, you can't change that, it just makes your face a bit long. I would strongly advise you to embrace yourself, workout, eat clean, work hard. Embrace your life and live it. Don't spend time at all on this nonsense. You're handsome.

kjohnt

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2016, 10:29:17 PM »
I disagree with many here.  Projection at the chin would obviously help your side profile a lot, as it is at least a full centimeter behind ideal and maybe a few mm more. 

I agree with Tezcatli's guess that you're a class II, which means your mandible is short and BSSO is the answer.  You either a) have a dental overjet or b) were treated with braces as a young teen to mask a dental overjet and now have proclining lower incisors and retroclining uppers.  Am I correct?

A conservative sliding genioplasty in conjunction with the BSSO to give your chin a bit more projection is probably indicated, but the only way I can confirm any of this is by seeing your bone structure via x-ray.

Your maxillary projection looks good, and you look good from the front.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 11:19:59 PM by kjohnt »

kjohnt

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2016, 11:15:53 PM »
Check it.  Shading is off because I did this in 3 minutes with Paint, but just to drive the point.  I only added chin projection (but with increase at labiomental fold as well which would only occur with BSSO).  Looks way better.

Your lower jaw needs to come forward.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2016, 12:31:59 AM »
f**k sorry I didn't see your second picture which was the profile, yeah my bad, ignore previous advice. I think you could get by with just a really strong genioplasty and not need full jaw surgery. In fact, I'd advise just getting the genioplasty first, and then if you're bites fine and you look good that's all you need. You can always get the bsso done after the fact frankly. A lot of surgeons have recommended that to me since (before extractions) I was a border line case for BSSO. So yeah, you look handsome anyway, just get the lower chin moved forward. A genio does way more than an implant ever can, it's pretty safe and you won't have to go through the at least 1.5 year ordeal of braces and all that s**t.

korsak

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2016, 01:11:00 AM »
Thanks for the responses, I appreciate every single one.
I feel like the pictures I took made me look better than in reality, probably because of advantageous lighting.

@kjohnt
You're correct, I used to have braces as a young teen because my lower teeth were too far back . I actually had them done again a few weeks ago, because "I bite with one side".

Anyways, here are more pics of my profile. 1st is with my head forward, 2nd different lighting and head is retracted, 3rd: head is turned to the side (if I looked like this in every lighting I would be happy).
I'm pretty sure it would look way better if I lost a few body fat %, but I'm bulking right now and any surgery wouldn't be done this year anyway. I'm 20 btw if it makes any difference.

http://imgur.com/a/dEM0J

Lazlo

• Private
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2016, 01:37:53 AM »
I mean you have great projection of the gonal angles --all very masculine and handsome. You still look really good, great profile. It's hard to say whether you need just a genioplasty (aesthetically it would do the trick I think) or a full bsso --I'd check with surgeons etc. how big your airway is. If it's in the normal range of 9-12mm I'd frankly forgo a BSSO and just get the genioplasty.

korsak

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2016, 03:25:56 AM »
I live in Poland, would I need to get the surgery somewhere else or are these so common that it would be fine here?

Vic

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2016, 03:32:25 AM »
Sorry, I didn't see you second profile pic. If you bite is fine and you have no functional issues, then I'd just go for a sliding Genio.

Tezcatli

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2016, 02:47:58 AM »
Sorry, I didn't see you second profile pic. If you bite is fine and you have no functional issues, then I'd just go for a sliding Genio.

He had braces to pull his lower teeth forward, it is obvious really.

The perfect(and most expensive and painful) solution would be to get braces to push the teeth back again and get a BSSO with genio.