Author Topic: Ladies and gents: I have a consult with Dr. Gunson for revision...  (Read 1935 times)

Dharma

I've been in contact with his office staff over the last few days via phone/email, have a pending phone consult with him soon, and a face to face appt in a few weeks. 

I've searched the forums a bit and have seen the recent posts about few genios and other things.  Anyone go for a full MMA/orthognathic procedure with Dr. G?  Anyone so unfortunate as to need a revision see Dr. G? 

Its hard to believe how much this is going to cost me!  But, as I'm sure anyone you have have read my recent posts know, the universe has through me quite the "character building experience" and am willing to pay whatever it costs at this point, time/effort/money/more BLOOD, to get things straightened out (literally and figuratively). 

Any thoughts/comments/ad hominem remarks are welcome. 

ditterbo

Re: Ladies and gents: I have a consult with Dr. Gunson for revision...
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2016, 04:43:44 PM »
Is Dr. Gunson requiring you to get models of your teeth?  He is for me and my appointment with him is in July.  I didn't have any luck scheduling an initial phone/skype consultation, even though I asked for one.  Did you have to do any arm twisting for that?

Dharma

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2016, 07:41:06 PM »
Models have not yet been requested by his staff but I have them ready to go if they do.  They did request notes, CTs, x-rays, sleep studies, etc which I'm sending. 

The phone consult is pending for now but staff implied it was likely, maybe he will decline and just want me to come in for my appt later this month?  Time will tell...

kjohnt

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2016, 10:22:02 PM »
Damn I have a July appointment but scheduled it back in March.  I was told they'd let me know if anything becomes available sooner.  I think the office may need to step it up a bit.

Anyway no biggie, as I'm thinking about cancelling in lieu of a phone consultation since I just want his opinion on CCW vs genioplasty which I think can be seen on an x-ray.

He does want teeth models as part of his consultation.  They can do them at the office for $50.00 or you can have your ortho send a set if that's an option.

chinnychinchin

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2016, 02:44:53 AM »
Anyone go for a full MMA/orthognathic procedure with Dr. G? 

I had a Lefort 1 + BSSO + Genio with Dr. G although it wasn't a revision. Does that count?

PloskoPlus

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2016, 02:57:05 AM »
Damn I have a July appointment but scheduled it back in March.  I was told they'd let me know if anything becomes available sooner.  I think the office may need to step it up a bit.

Anyway no biggie, as I'm thinking about cancelling in lieu of a phone consultation since I just want his opinion on CCW vs genioplasty which I think can be seen on an x-ray.

He does want teeth models as part of his consultation.  They can do them at the office for $50.00 or you can have your ortho send a set if that's an option.
I really want to know what he will say about your case (because I don't think it's worth it in your case).  I sent him my x- rays and photos half hoping he will say no surgery. I had surgery 18 months ago. My bite is perfect. He said definite revision case.

Dharma

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2016, 01:15:17 PM »
Chinny--def counts.  So, what's the scoop?  Your experience? 

PP--def revision? That doesn't sound good.  Obviously, I'm very anxious to hear what he has to say as well.  Don't take that perfect bite for granted!  My bite is off, my face is assymetrical, I have bilat hearing loss (though transiently improved by constantly performing a valsalva with a plugged nose), and my esthetics are...um...disadvantageous.  I'm not sure I have much to lose!  Ok, maybe 80 grand from what I hear....

Sorry if you've posted this elsewhere but whats up with your need for revision?