Author Topic: Considering surgery  (Read 854 times)

heshian

Considering surgery
« on: July 22, 2016, 02:56:04 PM »
I recently came across the fact that my upper jaw (and midface) is somewhat underdeveloped. I have a class III maloclusion (maybe 4-6mm), a flat sunkin in midface and weak malar support. Maloclusion isnt the main problem, but i really hate the appearance in profile and from 3/4 but i never was aware of the cause until may this year. Now im considering surgery and Im planning a consult with triaca/brusco and/or obwegeser (i'm based in switzerland) What kind of surgery/treatment do you think is indicated? As far as i can judge a traditional lefort I doesn't address the malar region and wouldn't result in better support?

I found an article (M.Champy 1980) that shows some desirable results regarding midface deficiency (bad photo quality) but I got no additional info about the procedure. It seems they make a higher cut than in traditional lefort I that would solve the flat midface. has anyone acess to the full article or additional information?

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/hed.2890020603/epdf?r3_referer=wol&tracking_action=preview_click&show_checkout=1&purchase_referrer=www.google.ch&purchase_site_license=LICENSE_DENIED

Vic

Re: Considering surgery
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2016, 08:24:55 AM »
You got a ceph X-ray?

heshian

Re: Considering surgery
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2016, 09:43:52 AM »
not yet.